jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What makes only children more individualistic, unconventional,& nonconforming wh

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes only children more individualistic, unconventional,& nonconforming while those w/siblings

tend to have a herd mentality & consciousness?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11952847_f260.jpg

2. Chris Neal profile image78
    Chris Nealposted 3 years ago

I wouldn't know. I'm the oldest of three, and none of us have a herd mentality. I also have three kids, and again, I wouldn't say that they are any more conformist than any only children I've ever met.

3. Vvitta profile image61
    Vvittaposted 3 years ago

The individual child is in reality not more individualistic, unconventional,& nonconforming. In fact they are more like their parents as they are their only role models. They tend to conform and stick to rules and hence appear more mature compared to individuals with siblings. An individualistic, unconventional,& nonconforming person has nothing to do with the number of siblings but rather the makeup of that individual him/herself, the society they live in (some societies in the world demand conformity) and the people they associate with ( this would include friends from school, educational institutions and work crowd) and not forgetting the exposure one is subjected to daily say, media and foreign culture.

1. Chris Neal profile image78
      Chris Nealposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very well said!

2. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I have never known this to be the case, and I think Vvitta hit the nail on the head as to what makes a person becomes individualistic, unconventional and nonconforming.

working