jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What causes some parents to be quite INtolerant of the concept of failure, wanti

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What causes some parents to be quite INtolerant of the concept of failure, wanting their children

to succeed in every endeavor they undertake?  What makes them unforgiving regarding failure, particularly in their children?  Is it some defect in the parents' personality & psychological makeup?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11975925_f260.jpg

2. The Answer Man profile image66
    The Answer Manposted 3 years ago

I am sure the reasons for this is as varied as there are parents. Some may feel they have failed and wish better for their children. Others may have always succeeded and expect the same from their children. Perhaps with some, they see their childrens' success or failure as a measurement of their success as parents. Or maybe they are just giant doofuses.

3. chaitanyasaivb profile image76
    chaitanyasaivbposted 3 years ago

It depends up on the psychological condition of those parents. Because, some parents, will think that, its the end, if their children fails to do any thing. They won't encourage them, for the next task, they will keep shouting for the failure.

The children, who will be having, parents, like those are really unlucky, and even, they must find some solution, to convince their parents. If they were not in a state to listen to their children's words, then, it was just their inability to understand the importance of failure.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe there are a lot of parents who either live vicariously through their children or they view their child's failures as being a negative reflection on (them). "Don't you dare embarrass me!"
    Some parents also want "bragging rights" when they chat with other parents.  "My daughter is a straight "A" student." or "My son has been offered a full-ride scholarship to play basketball at Duke University."
    It's unfortunate that many parents don't realize how much they harm the "formative years" of their children. They'll never know how much harsh criticism will remain in their children's subconscious throughout their lives. Odds are the parent will never recall what they said.
    If a child doesn't have a "soft place" to fall at home when life kicks the crap out of them then they truly feel (alone) and their parents love is "conditional". They only love you when you're perfect.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

For other parents, a "perfect" child and "don't tell" are erroneously thought to keep the authorities away and from discovering child abuse. Unfortunately, it sometimes works.

5. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

Oh, that's easy. Parents who feel they have failed at something will push their children to succeed where they feel they failed in life.

working