What are the TEN parallels between the Roman Empire & United States?
1. A gradually-debased currency (in the US, since the 1850s and ongoing)
2. Military affairs and foreign policy absorb most of the treasury funds
3. Ordinary citizens are becoming increasingly separated from the professional military
4. Officer class of the military is gradually eroding as low-born and under-educated soldiers rise to prominence in unit leadership
5. Political leaders of the republic (President/Consul) have devolved into ceremonial roles, while real power is exercised by those with wealth or those holding permanent offices in the bureaucracy
6. Enormous bureaucracies of unnecessary staffs for civil and military leaders in the government
7. The US never developed a unique culture of its own and simply imitates others
8. There is a future power-struggle with an uncertain outcome between the traditional top 5% who control the wealth and the nationalist military bureaucrats who want a dictatorship (also see Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Fascist Spain, Argentina, Egypt, Libya, every nation ever, etc.)
9. Citizens hide from their problems through entertainment in violence, farcical comedy or sports
10. Despite the fact that the majority of the US population is made up of descendants of immigrants, conquered peoples or freedmen, it remains Xenophobic
by Rishad I Habib 11 months ago
The sun-god Horus was worshipped nearly 1,000 years before the story of Jesus. Check these parallels: 1.Both were conceived of a virgin.2.Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)3.Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.4.Horus's foster father was...
by Rishad I Habib 8 years ago
Hello hubbers,Welcome to the second edition. This time I like to present more solid information (excluding the previous 42 with Horus) which portrays the parallels between Christianity & Paganism. Looking forward for your opinion...1. Golden Apples and the Forbidden fruit. The snake in the...
by Real Life Stories 6 years ago
What are the parallels between the right to offend Islam and the right to offend Royalty?In the west, most consider the right to offend an important right and integral to healthy democracy. Do we have right to offend Islam? Christianity? Royalty? Here in UK , some consider it...
by Jennifer Arnett 4 years ago
Will the United States engage in war with Russia?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
Will Western societies such as the United States, Canada & Western Europe decline socioeconomicallywhile non-Western societies such as China, Japan, and some Arab countries will usurp the aforementioned western societies socioeconomically? Why? Why not?
by RobertoPortales 7 years ago
Do you think that the United States is still the world's most powerful nation?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|