What are the TEN parallels between the Roman Empire & United States?
1. A gradually-debased currency (in the US, since the 1850s and ongoing)
2. Military affairs and foreign policy absorb most of the treasury funds
3. Ordinary citizens are becoming increasingly separated from the professional military
4. Officer class of the military is gradually eroding as low-born and under-educated soldiers rise to prominence in unit leadership
5. Political leaders of the republic (President/Consul) have devolved into ceremonial roles, while real power is exercised by those with wealth or those holding permanent offices in the bureaucracy
6. Enormous bureaucracies of unnecessary staffs for civil and military leaders in the government
7. The US never developed a unique culture of its own and simply imitates others
8. There is a future power-struggle with an uncertain outcome between the traditional top 5% who control the wealth and the nationalist military bureaucrats who want a dictatorship (also see Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Fascist Spain, Argentina, Egypt, Libya, every nation ever, etc.)
9. Citizens hide from their problems through entertainment in violence, farcical comedy or sports
10. Despite the fact that the majority of the US population is made up of descendants of immigrants, conquered peoples or freedmen, it remains Xenophobic
by Rishad I Habib7 weeks ago
The sun-god Horus was worshipped nearly 1,000 years before the story of Jesus. Check these parallels: 1.Both were conceived of a virgin.2.Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or...
by Rishad I Habib7 years ago
Hello hubbers,Welcome to the second edition. This time I like to present more solid information (excluding the previous 42 with Horus) which portrays the parallels between Christianity & Paganism. Looking forward...
by Real Life Stories5 years ago
What are the parallels between the right to offend Islam and the right to offend Royalty?In the west, most consider the right to offend an important right and integral to healthy democracy. Do we have right to...
by Brooke Lorren5 years ago
What country poses the greatest military threat to the United States today?Back during the Cold War days, it was obvious that the Russians and the United States were the most powerful countries in the world, and that...
by Jason Marovich5 years ago
How do you view the United States?The US have been drawing a lot of negative publicity, lately. What do you think of America? Are they friends and champions of peace or militaristic capitalists? ...
by Jennifer Arnett3 years ago
Will the United States engage in war with Russia?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.