jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If you were president of the United States, what is the number one thing you'd a

1. Mr-Yo LV profile image58
    Mr-Yo LVposted 6 years ago

If you were president of the United States, what is the number one thing you'd address?!

I'd take the idiot Glenn Beck off the air.

2. Farmer Ted profile image70
    Farmer Tedposted 6 years ago

I would address what is spent on defense vs. societal concerns (schools, roads, etc).

3. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

I would address many issues if I was the President of the United States.  Some of the issues I would address would be child poverty, making birth control mandatory,  having couples obtain licensing for parenthood as there are too many incompetent and inept people who are parents,  and making education mandatory until a person reaches 25 years of age,

4. ptosis profile image70
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

You what to be a media dictator?

Glen Beck is not the destroyer - we must look else where for that!
    He's merely the putrefaction - the outward visible sign of the death of truth in reporting.

With mass media moguls owning 90% of  TV & newpapers  - the political propaganda machine is NOT what I would change.

I would do what Dwight D. Eisenhower said in 1961 in his the Military-Industrial Complex Speech:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence by the military-industrial complex.  ..  Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century … wer001.asp

5. Ella Robinson profile image60
    Ella Robinsonposted 6 years ago

i would stop focusing on the world and try to better and perfect our country. Deal with the issues on our soil!!

6. mattdigiulio profile image75
    mattdigiulioposted 6 years ago

I'd make the minimum wage for teachers $60,000.

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Taking care of our own citizens. 
    They should be fed, housed, and clothed before we extend any charity to those beyond our obligations.

If there is a surplus, assist those who need medical care, childcare, medical help, housing.........charity begins at home.

Washington had a policy that basically said,

either we stand alone or we are not.............

Charity and goodwill is a fine thing........but first, feed your own.

But, you, would worry first, about who is being aired on television?

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Well, you at least have a legitimate start with your derision of one Glen Schuckkk.

But you failed to go the distance!  The ENTIRE mass media in America, ethnically monopolized by profiteering filth who care for nothing but lies, and spreading garbage - should all be taken out.

With sanity restored to the living rooms of sheep across the nation - the national priorities would soon become. . . .dare I say, . . .decent again.

9. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 6 years ago

Poverty, mental illness & the homeless. Followed by 'equal rights for women as well as an overview on the 'Justice system." ...I could go on though I think I will pause for now!

10. Midianite profile image61
    Midianiteposted 6 years ago

I'd start off with capping the population to 1 billion people.

11. JT Walters profile image76
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I would make certain everyone capable of working would ahve ecnomic opportunity and I would promote the general welfare.

12. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

I would stop spending billions on wars.  And instead, spend money taking care of all the less fortunate people in our own country. There is no reason why any man, woman or child should be hungry in our country.