jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What are the 7 sterling qualities that only children possess that children in mu

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What are the 7 sterling qualities that only children possess that children in multichild families

DON'T and WILL NEVER possess?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11905172_f260.jpg

2. Motherbynature profile image73
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

I can't answer your question but I've seen other questions that you have posted.  What have you got against families with several children?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's UNFAIR to oldest children who're discarded, thrown away & cast aside in favor of younger siblings.Oldest children in multichild families DON'T have childhoods.They've LESS educational opportunities & individual time.Such families are ABU

2. Motherbynature profile image73
      Motherbynatureposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I can definitely see why you say that.  I'm the oldest of three girls and had a lot of responsibility placed on me at a young age. I still do.  Not all parents of large families do this though.  I had unusual circumstances.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Average parents of large families MAKE their oldest children RAISE their siblings. Oldest children in large families are Cinderella but w/o the happy ending. Parents are more like wicked stepparents & oldest children are SLAVES pure & simple!

3. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

I  never heard that only children had sterling qualities over families with many children. One friend had twelve children and another was one of twelve children. One friend is a college professor with lovely children, and the other was a minister and now a writer with teen age children. One of the older teens is now touring Europe with money he saved. It is impossible to make a general statement about family life, as fortunately, every family is different. You have an opinion which does not bear out for every situation. Fortunately, you had a good life as an only child from what I have read.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12454807_f260.jpg

1. Only children are highly individualistic.  They revel in being themselves & unique. They abhor being like everyone else.  In contrast, children w/siblings are always copying each other.  They aren't individuals, in fact, in multichild families, children are discouraged from expressing their individuality.
    2. Only children are highly self-confident.  They know that they WON'T ever be dethroned, discarded nor cast aside.  That does wonders for a child's confidence & sense of being. Since they don't have siblings, they don't have the drama involved e.g. favoritism, rivalry, & sibling abuse. 
    3. Only children think outside the box.  They are the most creative of all birth orders.  They think of things that children w/siblings usually can't, don't, &/or won't.
    4. Only children are very resourceful & happy spending hours in solitary pursuits.  Being alone isn't considered an anathema to only children while to children in multichild families, it can be immobilizing, even paralyzing. Children w/sibilings are afraid, even fearful of being alone.  They act & think in groups, not individuals.
    5.Only children value people for whom they are.  They tend to be truer & nicer people who value people & relationships.  Children w/siblings tend to be more two-faced, backstabbing, play power & other manipulative games because that is commonplace in multichild homes.
    6. Only children value & respect themselves.  They KNOW how to ask for & GET what they want without any apology.  Children in multichild families are taught to devalue & disrespect themselves.  They are taught that they of themselves DON'T matter at all but the whole familial conglomerate. Only children want & get THE BEST while children w/siblings are taught to settle for SO FAR LESS whether in life, career, &/or relationships.
    7. Only children have closeness w/their parents. The parent-child relationship of an only child is more of an intense companionship & friendship than just parent-child. Children in multichild families AREN'T close w/their parents at all. They are closer w/siblings.  Many report NEVER being close w/their parents at all.

working