jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Just exactly how many race are there?

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Just exactly how many race are there?

Sometime people tend to get confuse about how many race are there and sometime thought people of one race to be another. For example, some people mistaken Asians and some native Americans to be white.  Some people mistaken some Native American to be India.  Some people mistaken some middle Eastern people to be white and mistaken some Latino people to be middle eastern.  Some white people also get mistaken as Asian in some countries.  Put aside culture and focus on biology. How many race (well, the scientific term is breed) of humans are there?

2. Motherbynature profile image76
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

Scientifically speaking, there is only one race and that is the human race.  But since Eurocentric culture feels the need to categorize everything we have racial categories that have no clear definitions.  And yes, Mexicans and Indians (from India) are considered to be Caucasian per the U.S. government but are still somehow minorities.  Go figure.

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I always suspect Asian, Native American and white are scientifically the same breed. Because white are light yellow or light red, Asian and native Americans are dark yellow or red. Much like some blacks are dark brown other are light brown

2. Motherbynature profile image76
      Motherbynatureposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't refer to humans as breeds.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
      Old-Empresarioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wonder when the US Government is going to stop using antiquated pseudo-science terms like, "Negroid", "Caucasoid" and "Mongoloid" in job applications. It still did in 2001, but I don't know if it still does.

working