jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes some people enforce their particular brand of morality upon others an

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What makes some people enforce their particular brand of morality upon others and even

break the law to enforce their morality when it is none of their business to do so?

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 2 years ago

Many people are selfish and some people are mistaken but wrongly believe they are right in being pushy about their beliefs. Others may have gotten away with other things without reprimand and become more and more emboldened. Others may have been incorrectly told that they are special, right, etc. and do as they please without thought to their limits and other's rights.

With regard to the woman in the photo, she could have a mix of all these things going on. I believe that if she feels her religion won't allow her to do her job, she simply needs to find a new one. I hope she and her hypocritical rear end rot in jail. If she worked for me and pulled this kind of stunt, she would be tossed faster than a hot potato. I do not care whether she has been elected or not, there must be a fast resolution for people who carry on like her and if not, the laws on the books need to be updated.

3. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

When she was hired this was not an issue.
    But years later it is, if she knew she would be faced with this choice then a different view,  but now she is faced with something that is against her conscious and her God.
    Most people can live with that in prison.
    Be true to yourself and to God. Because man can not give you life , God did.

4. Pollyanna Jones profile image96
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 2 years ago

Faith and political leanings help people find security in the world around them. It puts order into a completely chaotic universe, and helps them to feel safe. By having other people around them act in the pattern that they have made for themselves, it reinforces their sense of security. So they aggressively try to enforce their beliefs on others if it doesn't match their world as this is a threat to them and their ideas, and it frightens them.

I'm happy for people to worship a teapot if that's their thing, but I strongly object to having someone's club rules forced on someone who never joined that club in the first place!