jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why is Kim Davis's refusal to issue gay marriage licenses such a big deal?

1. Kara33 profile image60
    Kara33posted 2 years ago

Why is Kim Davis's refusal to issue gay marriage licenses such a big deal?

2. profile image59
    Tabitha Beardposted 2 years ago

I think it is a big deal because of her past marriages. Others claim she is a "hypocrite" for refusing to issue them a license while she herself wasn't living according to the word.

Also, she supposedly tried pushing her faith off onto them. Instead of simply refusing, she "preached at them".

Also, Christians are mad because she was jailed for something that was against her beliefs. People often don't realize everything that occurred behind the scenes so it has become a bigger deal than it really should have been.

1. profile image57
      heylady612posted 2 years agoin reply to this

What does her marriages have to do with it? We ALL have sinned and come short of His glory and will continue to make mistakes. I do not live with her so no one knows her heart. The responsibility of Christians is to encourage others to be like Jesus.

3. profile image58
    Max Harmonposted 2 years ago

The religion of tolerance tolerates everything except truth.

4. G.L.A. profile image82
    G.L.A.posted 2 years ago

The media, as well as social & religious 'unrest' manifested the Kim Davis 'big deal'. Many people would simply resign a position if requested to participate in activities they have 'issues' with, religious, or otherwise. Ms. Davis declared that due to her respect for God's Word, she could not, would not perform the duty requested. Apparently, she does not wish to resign her position, and is willing to suffer the resulting consequences.
    As far as the hypocrisy accusations go.. ALL Christians are sinners, guilty of any number of sins, including hypocrisy. The ONLY difference between Christians and their accusers? They confessed and repented of their sins, acknowledged, and are grateful that Jesus Christ paid the price for their sins, and are TRYING to be more like Him.

1. Kara33 profile image60
      Kara33posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like you.

2. profile image57
      heylady612posted 2 years agoin reply to this

All Christians were sinners, through His death we are made whole. Old things are passed away, now we are new in Him. I do agree that Kim should pray for another position and take a leave of absence. Kim will never be happy there.

5. profile image57
    heylady612posted 2 years ago

I really don't think it is a big deal, this situation has been blown out of proportion. Someone called the media, and that all folks!  I think that after it is all said and done, Kim Davis will wished that she would've just move on. This is not a peace march or a right that she can change by refusing to issue marriage licenses. I think she will go back to jail because of her defiance to supervised her employees and follow the rules.

working