What are the ways that lower middle, working, & lower class children are severel

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What are the ways that lower middle, working, & lower class children are severely disadvantaged

in the educational game as they have came from socioeconomic circumstances where intellectual & academic achievement is frowned upon, even disparaged? Educators & psychologists have endlessly confirmed that children from the lower socioeconomic classes have a DISTINCT disadvantage when starting school.They're oftentimes academically behind & low academic achievers because there are very few intellectual paraphernalia in their homes. Their parents simply don't have the educational wherewithal to effectively prepare their children for school & may even have a NEGATIVE attitude towards education.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8539169_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

This isn't a question, it's an essay.   You ask for the ways in which such children are disadvantaged and then go on to provide a lot of the answers.

I guess it would be fair to say that I came from such a background.  However, I had the good fortune to have an elder sister who liked to read.  She persuaded me at quite a young age - probably around 11 or 12 - to join a public library.   A love for reading developed.  And once one loves to read, it isn't long before one's self-esteem, self-worth and ambitions are instilled.

I left school at fourteen, started my first job on my fifteen birthday...and went on to have some of the most exciting, interesting jobs that a man can have.  The reading led to writing: much writing: novels, works of non-fiction, essays, poetry, films scripts.  Also to speaking to hundreds of audiences and generally to a wonderful life.   But I put it all down to finding the written word and learning to love it.

working