jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What is TRUTH? Who DETERMINES & DEFINES truth?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is TRUTH? Who DETERMINES & DEFINES truth?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12702038_f260.jpg

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

We as humans certainly know the meaning of a lie, who wants to be lied to , as a Family member,  friend, or associat, the truth always stands and benifits us all
    The truth stands when lies change under different tongues.
    If some says they love you , and do not by word and deed , how can a lie be a good thing , truth is more valuble and always will be.

1. Kiss andTales profile image80
      Kiss andTalesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Re 10:6 and he swore by the One who lives forever and ever, who created the heaven and the things in it and the earth and the things in it and the sea and the things in it: “There will be no delay any longer.

3. eugbug profile image98
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

The laws of physics? In classical physics, matter and energy always behave in a deterministic manner which can be described by mathematics. Under certain conditions though, the equations may not be true. So for example Newtonian or classical mechanics had to be "upgraded" in the early 20th century when Einstein developed his special theory of relativity.

1. Kiss andTales profile image80
      Kiss andTalesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

True there is order in discoveries of physics , science , but this still proves God is a God of order,  if I drop a box of spoons and forks on the floor, would all the forks fall in place by group order ? No ,you control the order in the end.

2. RLWalker LM profile image74
      RLWalker LMposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is possible to drop a box of spoons and forks on the floor and have them all spell out your name, or interlock into a house with a chimney, etc. It's just unlikely, because there are more unordered configurations than ordered ones. Entropy.

4. Parimalpolymath profile image83
    Parimalpolymathposted 2 years ago

"Truth is the daughter of time" (An old proverb)

5. Sakshi Davessar profile image67
    Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years ago

I would say TRUTH stands for ' Truth Resides Under Thy Hidden soul '

So, truth actually refers to how your inner soul recognizes what is true or false. Thus, you are the person to differentiate between a truth and a lie.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

In this day and age "perception is reality".
    There's the old adage:
    There are three sides to every story. (his side, her side, and the truth)
    If there are no ground rules for establishing facts everything is up for debate. In order to establish something as being true there must be an agreement on the fundamentals.
    Lots of people believe what (they) want to believe.

1. Morgan Anthony profile image68
      Morgan Anthonyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this. His side, her side, and the truth. But regardless, his truth will be HIS point of view, her truth will be HER point of view, and the ACTUAL truth will be BOTH of their truths, simply they see it from different angles.

7. Morgan Anthony profile image68
    Morgan Anthonyposted 2 years ago

I believe there are two Truths: Universal Truth (collective consciousness, universal energy etc) and Individual Truths (what makes my belief system real to me, how I live by my own truths that serve me personally).

Universal Truth cannot be determined or defined. It just IS. The lucky of us get to experience that via whatever method (plant medicines, meditation, lucid dreaming etc.)

Individual Truths vary from person to person. My Truths are my own personally, and no one else will ever understand them (maybe a soulmate if that exists). The same applies to everyone else.

This is what I choose to believe.

working