jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have YOU ever deleted an answer or voted it down? If so, why? Be brutal here, i

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Have YOU ever deleted an answer or voted it down?  If so, why? Be brutal here, it's no holds

barred!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7679546_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I think I might have deleted a couple of answers, for being completely irrelevant to the question asked. Sometimes, answers go off the rails, and turn into personal rants, and I don't feel badly about deleting those. Answer the question, and rant elsewhere.

I vote down answers all the time, for a variety of reasons. Mostly, for being hateful or ignorant. I also vote down personal attacks.

3. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 2 years ago

I will delete an answer or comment quick if it has nothing to do with the question, initiates arguments not related to the question, or is a direct insult to any group of people. I don't have time for people who want to comment 10 times about a god or religious point in quotes only either. If someone wants to point out their personal beliefs then they need to use their own words instead of copying and pasting bible quotes as an answer or comment. Doing that shows they lack the ability to use their own brain. I want to encourage people to think, not be mindless robots.

However I will NEVER vote down or delete an answer or comment simply because it is a different opinion than my own. People are free to be different than I am, and I am not on the internet for reassurance of my own beliefs.

4. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

I've deleted an answer once - because it had nothing to do with the question, was basically ranting scripture which wasn't relevant and was pushing their own agenda. (At least I think I deleted it....may have just thought about it...then decided they could just live with their rant being public and voted down by others)

Don't recall voting people's answers down unless they had nothing to do with the question. Usually never touch the down one, just vote up!

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

I don't usually delete answers, because I want everyone to have a voice on my hubs or Q&A's.  I have voted answers down or up.  I will also pathetically admit that if my answer is hidden due to negative feedback, I will vote it up to get it unhidden!  wink

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I have never deleted an answer. I think I would only delete an answer if it is critical of me as myself rather than the question itself. I would not mind if someone pointed I was not logical or such (Spelling or grammar), but I would mind if it was derogatory to my individuality or person-hood. Maybe there is a fine line there, but to me it would be obvious. Pretty much the same applies to Hub comments.

I do vote up or down when I do vote. If it goes off topic not relating to the OP I do not hesitate. I have once or more voted on an argumentative position based on an emotional appeal contrary to my view. I vote down because of the appeal used incorrectly many times derogatory too. Perhaps I would use that with a Hub comment too.

7. pagesvoice profile image83
    pagesvoiceposted 2 years ago

Yes, I have deleted an answer and voted responses down. I had one person attack me on a personal level in a flurry of replies to a political post. Although I wasn't looking for agreement with my point of view, I was hoping for a healthy dialog. Unfortunately, the person responding was relentless in their vitriol and character assassination. Finally, I deleted his replies. I will also vote down replies that are not on topic.

working