jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is perceptiveness a natural gift or can perceptiveness be learned by any reasona

1. savvydating profile image97
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

Is perceptiveness a natural gift or can perceptiveness be learned by any reasonable person?

Why are some individuals highly perceptive, while other perfectly intelligent people are not?
    Perceptive or "discerning" people are "insightful, intelligent, and able to see what others cannot."  Not more than a few people congratulate themselves on being very perceptive, yet they are anything but. Is this because they lack the will to endure the pain of self-examination or are some people just not gifted in this area for some reason?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12945139_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7953531_f260.jpg

There are people who are innately perceptive.  They seem to have a sixth sense about them.  They can naturally detect or deduct whether a situation or person is positive or negative.  While there are people who are innately or naturally perceptive.  There are others who can hone the ability to be perceptive through analysis and life experiences.  Many people become more perceptive as they become older because of exposure to and learning from life experiences and situations.

savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

True, GM. I might also add that some perceptive people are not necessarily judicious.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for selecting my answer.

3. savvydating profile image97
      savvydatingposted 24 months agoin reply to this

It was my pleasure, Grace. Your answer was wonderful.

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 2 years ago

I believe perceptiveness is something one is born with just like musical or artistic ability.  As Grace points out, most of us become more perceptive as we age just due to our longer experience with life.

Some people are so self absorbed they really don't notice much about what is going on around them.

Yes, Mike. Life gives us the opportunity to become more perceptive, but there are some who never become discerning no matter how old they are.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

You can gain this through classes on mindfulness and developing awareness.

I trust you are not referring to New Age philosophies. No reputable psychiatrist endorses their psychobabble. Furthermore, the New Age Trolls here do not self-examine. They practice scape-goating.

working