jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you strongly contend that the future belongs to the more affluent classes whi

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

Do you strongly contend that the future belongs to the more affluent classes while the poorer

classes will be left behind even locked out & be totally disenfranchised?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12144871_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

What are the factors driving the US toward a class system? Why are we seeing a growing cultural divide based on income and education level? read more

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Great analysis,  this should be required reading!

3. mike102771 profile image82
    mike102771posted 23 months ago

If the movies and books have proved anything it is that they cannot predict the future.

Having typed that I would say just look at our (American) current culture. The glorification of the rich in pop culture has taken a reality TV star (and punch line) from TV to maybe the White House. For many the “poor” are not people just leaches and large scale scam artists.  Every day we see a politician talk about how eliminating “entitlements” would balance the budget. The trouble is that these “entitlements” are also called Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and WIC. To put another way when giving tax credits companies who move their jobs out of the country (tax breaks for billionaires) is A OK, but to quote History of the World Pt. “F#ck the poor.” I this already the future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1IQYD4Uew

So Who knows?

Where is my hover board? or Flying Car? Or Homicidal humanoid Robot?

1. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 23 months agoin reply to this

We do have remote controlled drones launching rockets at targets. So killer robots, yes, looking like people, no.

2. mike102771 profile image82
      mike102771posted 23 months agoin reply to this

A drone an't a terminator/Replicats, but  It's a start .

working