jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why is religion so................WRONG, even NEGATIVE?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 21 months ago

Why is religion so................WRONG, even NEGATIVE?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12949006_f260.jpg

2. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 21 months ago

Religion, in and of itself, is neither positive nor negative.  It is a tool for living.  How it is used determines whether it is good or bad.  Compare Mother Teresa with Jim Jones, and see what I mean.

1. Express10 profile image89
      Express10posted 21 months agoin reply to this

I agree, you have made a great point.

2. maven101 profile image80
      maven101posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Well expressed and a definitive answer...I would add that the subordination of religion to man's baser instincts, control, power, and greed, are almost universal with few exceptions like Buddhism and Confucianism...

3. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 21 months ago

In and of itself I think it isn't an issue but in the wrong hands and minds religion can be very negative. Some people twist religion into horrible crutches or reasons for their cruel and even inhumane actions. While some people do good things in the name of religion, many people do bad, horrific, terrorist, and even deadly things in the name of religion and this has been going on all over the world since man began his interest and practice of religion.

4. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 20 months ago

This essay is in response to a question posed by Grace Marguerite Williams on the question of the negativity of religion. read more

working