What is the AVERAGE, MEDIAN I.Q. of typical college graduates?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 21 months ago

What is the AVERAGE, MEDIAN I.Q. of typical college graduates?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12740819_f260.jpg

2. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 21 months ago

Hard to tell. IQ tests are not administered to everybody, these days. Also, these tests have proven to be faulty in determining someone's intelligence. It may only show someone's academic strength or weakness. However, it can be taken again and the scores can improve.
    Many of these exams are used with students with special needs, simply to gauge their knowledge in certain criteria. Still, they're constantly tested (every three years) and can show growth or setbacks.

If I had to guess, however, college graduates may fall between average and genius level. And that's not an exact science. Then again, I've heard of talented professors who actually scored below average.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months ago

NO one cares about IQ, and it really doesn't equate to getting a degree or a degree with honors because you are being judged by your deeds.

IQ is like potential energy, and Deeds are like kinetic energy.
    College is academia, and unless you are going to teach, there is a lot more to learn in life outside Academia.

There Common Sense is needed to  bind with IQ to move you forward through life. It also helps if you can get lucky as well.

In my high school, the two smartest people wound up with hs avg less than a GPA pt apart. The achievement was remarkable, but the two were totally different. The one that was in my classes was brilliant and he didn't have to work at it. It came natural for him. He excelled in everything he did. Music, Art, Math, English, Science, Sports etc.

The other student had to really work at his achievements. He spent all of his time studying.

My point is that if you didn't know them, just their records you would probably think they had IQs close to each other.

My final point is that you can graduate school even with an average IQ, and even with honors.

working