To analytical thinkers, why are some highly intelligent & educated people, espec

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago

To analytical thinkers, why are some highly intelligent & educated people, especially at the

advanced, graduate level at the middling or even struggling socioeconomic level while those w/average intelligence & lower education levels are extremely socioeconomically successful?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9031673_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 16 months ago

Oh, pick me. I have a graduate degree, and am usually hovering right above the poverty level. I've almost always been a paycheck to paycheck kind of girl, or a "sell a big piece of art to make the mortgage payment" kind of girl, except for a short stint in corporate America, when I was paid a ridiculously generous salary, and had way more money than I needed.

Money just doesn't do it for me. I've never thought of being successful, or being happy, as having much to do with acquiring wealth. There are plenty of things I could do to better my current financial situation, but they would require me to work for someone else, rather than for myself. Autonomy makes me happier than money does.

If someone dropped a bundle in my lap, or I won a lottery, I'd be one of those people who gives most of it away. I like my modest little life, my small house, and my lack of stuff. There are a few repairs I'd like to do to my house, and I'm sure I could do with replacing my beat to hell 1999 Ranger, but beyond that, I'd rather do good than acquire things I don't need.

I think most people work for what's important to them, which is why my parents, who were raised during the Depression, did so much better financially, with less education. Not being broke ever again was important to them.

working