Do you know people who are incessantly prejudiced against childfree & 1-child fa

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 13 months ago

Do you know people who are incessantly prejudiced against childfree & 1-child families?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12455329_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

Most people don't care about one child families because they assume the parents will have the second child to make that perfect family. Given the higher rate of infertility these days due to STDs or waiting until age 35 to try to have a family, there is also less discrimination against only child families because of common knowledge that may be all they can have.
    Child-free is interpreted as selfish, once you've been together long enough for the assumption you have settled down. So you do get bias and prejudice by others who assume you're not having kids because you want to live up your life without contributing to the next generation of taxpayers, or on a personal basis, not creating the next generation of the family.

3. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 12 months ago

I have no problem with either type of family as I am an only child myself, not that my parents didn't try for more, in fact they tried for ten years before I came along.

I see more prejudice against oversized familys, those with more than 4 children than I do against the smaller one or no child families. Lots more people are waiting till later than ever and some like in my families case have problems conceiving.

working