What are THE NINE REASONS why kind people are at a.......SEVERE DISADVANTAGE in 21st
century, postmodern, computerized society rule where there is a greater acceleration of the dog eat dog mentality & mindset? What are the NINE ways that ruthless people are at a.........GREAT ADVANTAGE in this postmodern society? More than ever, kind people are viewed as malleable, even weak in this postmodern society where there is survival of the most cunning. Kind people are viewed as abject failures, to be taken advantage of.
I think you're mistaking kindness with weakness. If you're being taken advantage of it's not because you're kind, it's because you're afraid and perhaps weak. The 2 are not synonymous. Teaching this is only going to make kindness extinct. I'm a kind person, I think anyone who knows me would agree with that regardless of whatever else they may think of me but I also have a backbone and do not convey that my kindness should be taken as a lack of strength or confidence. I can be kind along with all those other nice words that get used with that and still stand up for myself when needed. Perhaps this mentality that being kind means you'll be taken advantage of is why it may be seen that way. I however will be one who reminds the "ruthless" that because I'm kind doesn't mean that I'm to be trifled with.
I echo Daniel's response. And I also want to mention this which may be off track but...I was watching a Ted Talk recently about this young guy ( just graduated from his tertiary studies). He didn't know where he fitted in and what his career trajectory was going to be. But with his personality and the psychological/career tests he did, he was suited to being a Buddhist Monk. But how does a Buddhist Monk approach life in order to succeed in a competitive Western Culture in order to put food on the table and a roof over one's head? It's hard. In hindsight?You know how you should be. But it's all too late. However, in saying that, to join the pack of being selfish and ruthless together with believing everyone is coming from a place of damaging ulterior motives? I don't know....but I know I have to look at myself in the mirror every morning and be at peace with what I see in the mirror in order to survive. Your "house" needs to be united not divided, whether that is literally or metaphorically. So I choose the latter.
Are you actually asking for 9 reasons? I can't think of any reasons why they are disadvantaged. I just feel sorry for the people who feel a need to take advantage of kindness.
* In a world of increasing automation and outsourcing, there is still demand for the ruthless cost cutter, head hunter, negotiator. And that work can't be done by just anyone, so the small percentage that do it well are paid well for it.
* There may be a possibility that ruthlessness enriches families when euthanasia becomes more accepted. The heirs get a richer inheritance if they turn off Mom's life support sooner or talk her into suicide at 70 versus drawing down her savings for five more years; it is a modern variation of the "powders of inheritance" of the Middle Ages that would literally make the ruthless heirs much better off.
* I've been reading "So You've Been Publicly Shamed". The thorough, perhaps insanely dedicated investigators who found some of the plagiarists and liars were well rewarded with scoops and better paying journalism jobs. The ruthless went forward with reports and did well. Major incentive to ruthlessness when journalism itself is in decline.
* To what degree is click bait journalism and intense smearing of one's political rivals a career path for the ruthless? Whether rumors Obama was not born in the US or the AP publishing the VP's wife's phone number knowing she'll get harassed, the abominable jokes about Trump's ten year old son or idiotic insults about Michelle Obama's figure ... the internet is making the ruthless trolls who play well to their audience rich, as well as rewards journalists who dispense with facts to fit the stories that play to the audience's biases or get them paid well by benefactors/political parties.
* When political correctness couches censorship in courtesy and social protocol, only the loudmouth jerks, dedicated contrarians speaking from principle regardless of personal cost and ruthless critics who wield "I'm offended" like a blade remain speaking in the public square. And the "I'm offended" get extra moral weight from liberals who give extra attention and support to the first person to claim victim status or whichever side is lower on the victimhood hierarchy. Free speech, the debate on ideas that prevents drift to untenable extremes and exchange of thoughts that lead to innovation all suffer as a result.
by Ericka Bridges5 months ago
Why do you think kind hearted people are the most mistreated?
by Grace Marguerite Williams12 months ago
Why are ruthless, selfish people MORE RESPECTED & oftentimes MORE SUCCESSFULthan kind-hearted, altruistic people? How would you raise your child to be if h/she wishes to be respected &...
by Grace Marguerite Williams15 months ago
What are the NINE reasons that men have extramarital affairs? How can women keeptheir husbands interested in them so the latter won't cheat? Or is marital monogamy impossible to maintain?
by G. Diane Nelson Trotter5 years ago
Why can't everyone be kind to each other.Kind hearts are the gardens; kind thoughts are the roots; kind words are the flowers; kind deeds are the fruits.
by Michelle Liew2 years ago
What, to you, are the advantages and disadvantages of social media?
by Gary R. Smith5 years ago
Have you have ever been a kind friend to another person and then felt you were taken advantage of?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.