jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is a dollar worth more to a person who makes $10/hr than a person who makes $100

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 9 months ago

Is a dollar worth more to a person who makes $10/hr than a person who makes $100/hr?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13520628_f260.jpg

2. jsthomas profile image66
    jsthomasposted 9 months ago

In my opinion, one dollar is absolutely worth more to a person who makes $10/hr than it is to a person who makes $100/hr. The person making $10/hr will have to cut many luxury items and services out of their budget compared to someone who makes $100/hr.  For instance, the lower income individual may choose to park far away in a free parking space while attending a public event, whereas the higher income individual may pay to park much closer and save time entering and exiting the event.

3. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 9 months ago

Perhaps we speak of a man who makes ten dollars an hour because he does not want the complications of much money. I know several like this. A good preacher man is such a person. Some view money as an encumbrance. Maybe even a Lord if we so choose.
    So in that way the dollar is worth far more to the man who worships money compared to the man who worships God.
    My wife manages all our money because I want as little to do with it as possible. We certainly have enough. If we did not it would not be the dollar that I was after but rather that it could provide for my family, to be had and spent for necessity not to hold on to.
    Nope, I think the dollar is far more important to the rich man.

4. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 9 months ago

The single dollar is more important to the family living on $3 or less per day than to the higher paid person who has the option of choosing how to spend it.

5. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 9 months ago

Tim,  I would like to agree with Eric if your question is about to whom more money is important. But, in monetary terms, one extra dollar is more worthy to that earning 10 dollars as it increases his income by ten percent whereas the same will be only one percent increase to that already earning 100 dollars.

working