Is America still independent? Do we still "rule the roost"? Have we ever ALL b

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 8 months ago

Is America still independent?  Do we still "rule the roost"?  Have we ever ALL been equal/safe/good?

The simple answer is "No."  But there is more to answering that question, I think, on the 4th of July 2017.

2. point2make profile image82
    point2makeposted 8 months ago

America lost her independence when Americans sold themselves to the ruling class and the wealthy. We gave up our independence when we sold ourselves for shiny baubles . We wanted it and we wanted it all. Now the money has been replaced by crippling debt and we are economic slaves to our own desires and our lives are now controlled by the ruling class. They didn't buy us we sold ourselves willingly and the many voices who tried to warn us of our folly were drowned out by our own greed. 

America is suppose to be the home of the brave and the land of the free. The Government was set up to serve the people and now......the people serve the government and it doesn't matter what "party" is in power. While many may not understand what has happened they instinctively know that something is very wrong. The consequences of being ruled by the Government instead of being served by that same Government will be profound now and, even more so, in the future.

America is deeply divided and it is being further wrenched apart every day. The enemy of the people who sets us against each other is not from without but..............within!

Is it too late?....I don't know.  I do believe that if we have not already reached the tipping point we soon will.

It is a little difficult to "rule the roost" if you can't even rule your own nation, state, county, city, neighborhood or yourself. Is America still strong?  Until we realize that freedom is the gift of a soldier's sacrifice, and not from some self serving politician signing a worthless piece of paper, we will never be strong again.  It is not the weapons that made us the most powerful nation the world has ever was the people and the freedom and the sacrifice that did that. Do you see much of that today? Are the people focused on what's best for America or are they focused on their own selfishness?

When the people abdicate their responsibility politicians and bureaucrats   will fill the gap. We have spent years allowing politicians to gain power they were never meant to have. Remember a government that does not fear the people is dangerous. They are not afraid of us and routinely set American against American for their own political gain. Shame on us for allowing that to happen.

Every politician ends his or her speech with "God Bless America". I believe a more accurate refrain would be "God Please Save America"!!!