As a parent, which child do you ADMIRE MORE-the COMPLAINT, OBEDIENT one or the R

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 7 months ago

As a parent, which child do you ADMIRE MORE-the COMPLAINT, OBEDIENT one or the REBELLIOUS,

DEFIANT one?

2. darciad profile image83
    darciadposted 7 months ago

I am a parent of 12 (yes, 12) birth, adopted, and step children (already grown when I married their father). I can honestly say of the children I actually raised, I LOVE them all unconditionally. I ADMIRE them all for their individual qualities. I guess you could say I love them in different ways. Those that were more rebellious and difficult to raise were definitely frustrating, but each have attributes that endear them to me. Those that were obediant, compliant children were obviously easier to raise, but also had attributes that were frustrating. Each child is a unique, precious gift that was a privilige to raise. And yes, I would do it all over again. Even the rebellious ones.

3. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 7 months ago

The Heart ... the Heart ... The Heart, Grace. A girl spilt my coffee at Costa's Coffee this morning. She was so sorry! So apologetic! So kind! I felt the beauty of her Heart infinitely more that the wrong of the coffee that she spilt.

From the spiritual point of view, obedience is a much higher virtue, but when we are looking at children, the inner qualities are infinitely more important. One may be rebellious, complaining and yet incredibly kind, empathetic and generous. The old adage that it is by their fruits that we shall know them, still stands. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid ... not for long.