jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you admire most about your child?

1. Karen Hellier profile image94
    Karen Hellierposted 6 years ago

What do you admire most about your child?

Does your child ( or each of your children) have a special quality that you admire? What is it, and why?

2. txmommy profile image58
    txmommyposted 6 years ago

I admire my daughter's independence. I like sitting back and observing how she interacts with everything at her own pace!

3. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

I admire my daughter's gregarious style. She is so loving, amicable and forgiving; I wish everyone could learn from her. She is friendly to everyone; it hurts me when children are mean to her and tell her that they don't want to be friends or play with her. But, she will go and find a new friend that appreciates her- I admire that about her!

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

My daughter has a very determined set of values that nothing will shake. She is 15 and is determined that drugs, pre-marrital sex, and alcohol are things that only an idiot would do. Since she has seen her older brothers screw up all three of them, she knows what the consequences are and wants no part of that.

5. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

What I admire most about my child who will be forty in May is her will to live. She was diagnosed with cancer nine years ago. The cancer was cured she was told. But it had in fact spread. And she was told four years later, she had 2 years to live. And she fought on through the pain and the treatments. And was finally given a second diagnosis of terminal cancer.
    She lived on, fought on, and refused any more chemo which almost was the death of her frail body two different times. Her heart has suffered grave damage from all of the treatment and she is struggling to live a normal life. But don't tell her that. She has courage upon courage and has been a source of inspiration to those of us who know her. Each day is a gift, we truly believe...

working