Do you think freedom is about having the freedom to make mistakes?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image0
    threekeysposted 12 months ago

Do you think freedom is about having the freedom to make mistakes?

2. The0NatureBoy profile image44
    The0NatureBoyposted 12 months ago

From my perspective of visualizing things from its 360 degrees of existence rather than the 180 or less "human" usually visualize most things, I say "there are no mistakes, there are only learning experiences". 

Take definition of "educate" - "to bring forth from within via objective observing, participating to see different results, reasoning with the differences and learning to communicate one's findings" - suggesting there are no mistakes and makes "freedom" the prerequisite for educating one's self.

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 12 months agoin reply to this

We need to make mistakes to learn how to do better and to become better.
      And, if you take the reincarnational idea, there are no mistakes Mistakes are our life's map to our inherited existsnce this time round.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image44
      The0NatureBoyposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Yes, mistakes are our teacher.

Yes, via reincarnation we comprehend our every attribute because of living them each independent of the others and in all of the variances of them, thus, no mistakes but a map of various incarnations.

3. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I always find this notion interesting Elijah. When  were we created if we are re-incarnations after re-incarnations?

4. The0NatureBoy profile image44

Eric, there's no creation nor beginning [my hub The Bible's Message]. Ecc. 1:9 suggest everything has always been repeating themselves without a beginning, only a place to began the Bible's narrative that returns to its beginning when understood.

5. Ericdierker profile image44

Elijah I am old school. There is only one alpha and omega. We were created by that God.

6. The0NatureBoy profile image44

Rev. 1:1 says nothing in the book had happened before John's receiving it and it is the only place Alpha and Omega is located so is yet to appear as "the second coming of Christ'.

Ericdierkerposted 12 months ago

This is such a refreshing field of human inquiry. Did you know that most wild "cats", tigers, cheetahs and pumas and the like only catch their pray about 20% of the time. Oh and we can say much the same of our wonderful Owl, Falcon and Eagle birds of prey. Which of them in the natural is not free?
    I teach and I mean I really mean I have taught "The Right To Fail". It was a lecture series in Vietnam during their coming out into a more democratic and free enterprise society. Wow they have done wonders in just a few decades.
    There was not a single marketing firm at the time in all of Vietnam. They were so afraid of failing. My wife from there attributes it to nothing. She is very afraid of failing and by golly she does not. (although only through her fortitude do we not have a failed decade and a half marriage ;-)
    Now I used to do some very high speed downhill speed racing and some 60 ft plus cliff diving.And I dabbled in running the biggest navigable river rapids in the world. You generally do not fail at such and live.
    But two of the best examples of our praise of trying and maybe failing include Shakespeare's notion of if it is better to give thy heart in love and fail or to never have given it. And that pesky Edison who claims to have found 2,000 ways not to build a light bulb.
    Our core in my Christian belief is that we fail. If you ask a congregation who had had doubts and who has sinned you look for the idiot who does not raise her hand.
    We are blessed with the inalienable right to fail. And it is glorious above all other gifts we are blessed with.
    (please be cognizant that I avoided existentialism and quantum notions of continuums for that gets really heavy with fatalism and predestined fate)

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I hear you, eric.

2. Venkatachari M profile image29
      Venkatachari Mposted 12 months agoin reply to this

But, Eric, your answer does not solve the main purpose of the question raised by @ThreeKeys.

Hi Venkatachari always good to see you around. Freedom is the right to make mistakes. As in free to pursue. I hope that my use of the word fail instead of mistake is not confusing.

4. Venkatachari M profile image29
    Venkatachari Mposted 12 months ago

I assume most people think like that only. Freedom for them means only to do whatever "they like to do" or "they want to do". Nobody thinks or tries to be aware of the fact that every other person also has the same right to freedom and that each one's freedom is a restriction or tends to be a hindrance to the other person's freedom. Ultimately it becomes a chaos.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image44

Not only a hinderance to other people but other lives, VM. That's the order of existence, one life-type comes others with reincarnation as the means to pay off the karma. My vision says predestination is existence's order which gives it purpose.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)