jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What personal qualities have supported you to deal with conflict and change?

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 6 months ago

What personal qualities have supported you to deal with conflict and change?

2. tsmog profile image80
    tsmogposted 6 months ago

The only things I can think of is knowledge of problem resolution and hopefully keeping my emotions in check.

I once wrote a short poem that I have on the back of mind, even though wrote it many years ago.

Problem equals challenge
    Challenge equals opportunity
    Opportunity represents growth
    Growth means change

threekeysposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I would add to your list, one's, instinct. Train it. Develop it. Become the animal in a good way because people do lie and have NO conscience in deceiving or misleading another. You need to see through  the lies and deception.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image45
      The0NatureBoyposted 5 months agoin reply to this

3keys, Animals are neither good nor evil therefore if we develop our instincts we would only do what is necessary to sustain themselves - without the multitude of extras things man make to replace our natural abilities - and our specie.

3. threekeys profile image81

Elijah while I used the example of animal's instinct, I love animals. They do what they do to survive and cannot be made bad/wrong because I believe they do not have the same awareness to discern their actions, unlike us humans

4. The0NatureBoy profile image45

For your information 3Keys, man, minds able to comprehend all things, are animals,have the power of mobility, man-em-mass are humans, unable to comprehend all things" because of judging. Human are without the understanding what they do. smile

3. The0NatureBoy profile image45
    The0NatureBoyposted 6 months ago

The personal quality supporting my ability to deal with "conflict and change" deprived from what is called in Christianity the "new birth" and by me "the reversing metamorphosis from what the Adan and Eve metaphor represents". Adam lost the ability to see wholly because of judging half of every act good and the other half evil. So my quality amounts to having the ability to "MENTALLY" see everything's 360 degrees in and outside from top down through the subject and out the bottom for a complete assessment of the subject mater called "understand".

It is like my poem...  TO MAN OF KNOWLEDGE

You! With the dawning of this knowledge,
    reason it to its limits,
    search it to its depth,
    that you fall not back into slumber.
    Though the chill of early morn' be upon you,
    throw back the covers and move
    so when the day is high and the charge is come
    you'll be fed and not faint on the run.
    No! You can't stand and fight.
    You must flee so as to pass this knowledge on;
    lest you die beneath the sword;
    'cause others who await your knowledge
    so they can reach their goal!

I enjoyed your poem Elijah. We have to move away from "black and white" thinking. I have realized that one can never say "never" because we don't know what we will do in an unknown situation until it happens.Every person needs checks and balances.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image45

I's one of about 90 poems I've written that doesn't rhyme in some way.  Thanks.

One can say "never" but it doesn't mean they will never. Circumstances change, sometimes via reincarnation, when one has to do what they said they would "never" do.

working