jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What subject or area of study should you have been taught in school, but you wer

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 months ago

What subject or area of study should you have been taught in school, but you weren't ?

Did your studies leave out something important that would have been helpful to you or many students?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 months ago

I think people should be taught about what they'll need, and how to start a bank account. Then, they should be taught how badly they'll be screwed over by any bank for using an ATM, or for over-drafting the account. And so they need to be taught about how predatory credit card companies are. And student loan companies are hardly better.

Those types of things were never taught in school. At least not when I was in school.

3. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 4 months ago

I just wish I would have paid more attention in school and been more into learning. I went through my 12 years of school without any kind of guidance. I am now 70 and everything I know now is what I learned through experience and know now that there are a lot of things I would have loved to have learned in school.

4. Dishant Varshney profile image79
    Dishant Varshneyposted 4 months ago

Yeah! Many subjects like cosmology, and subjects which teach us about taxation, persuasive techniques, how to fight depression etc. should've been taught but these gems were missing. All I learned from school is how to memorize such, such and such...which has no meaning and it's no use in today's world. Most of the things that I learned in school are futile now.
    More than rot learning or memorizing things, schools should, I think, concentrate on building a student's interest.

1. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you on that Dishant.