What makes consciousness?

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (746 posts)
  1. brianzen profile image60
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

I guess if you really wanted an unequivocable answer it could be, From that which preceded it. (the antecedant of consciousness) or original consciousness. Which simply is a direct descendant of no consciousness at all. "not much else to originate from but the potential to be there." so like I said to cagsil zero begets one.

brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not that an obvious thing like that has any decisive impact.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good one.
        in essence, yes, zero begets both 1 and -1. Almost like a conscious mitosis or better, a gluon-hadron collision emits a muon.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
          ceciliabeltranposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well zero is not nothing, it is a starting point where no value of 1 or movement can be determined.

Ultimate truth. Welcome to Enlightenment in a nutshell.

Hmm...Please explain, I would like to be in on your take on it. Seems interesting.

2. profile image0

indeed. hence my analogy of prim to codon, sequence to helix, yada yada.

The vinegar tasters.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

I am happy to have met someone who is offering something I am only about to learn. LOL (whadda huh? codon wha?)

2. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Light is the prim which sets in motion the codon, etc of all creation & of course consciousness. One of my chapters involves a energy patterns of light, that appear to mimic chromosomes and -if accurate- show symbolic glyphs (language), yada yada.
    It is based on the 3³ concept:

proton, neutron, electron
    project, absorb, reflect
    dominant, equal, submissive

boring stuff...jeje

Knowing and Being all interrelated like our concepts of self. Perfect irony really the idea that a lower and higher can exist as we observe the struggle from a middle with no end. Not to bad a view from here.

Good Bad its all just moments.

it is interesting that we can observe both scopes

We sit meditation seeking higher from lower first. Then when we see that it is just another concept we look back down and realize. In one instant that its neither.  Hence the phrase "Just is" It is the riddle of riddles, We arrive within ourselves and only when we stop (0) seeking. The truth is manifest. So often return to zero. It is like flickering lights moment upon moment like a film strip. I imagine this reality is propelled like a sail upon the time stream. Consciousness is in there somewhere, not a constant at all but always re creating every atom every instant with slight pauses. Hence the vibration.

1. profile image0

spot on. and in that (0) is defined as 'peace', 'space', 'free will'. interesting though how it entails both ends of the vibration -as my theistic side would say the Alpha-Omega.
            the universe constantly in motion, ever expanding -less the reflective instance where the vibration interacts with another.

that (0) is the 'spectra' or optic property of light.
            the projective rays and reflective waves are the 1 -1.

The display is substance and as light is particle and wave we have matter and mass. A lightning flash that must be co-created by itself internally and externally to maintain its harmony or it dissolves like "dust in the wind" As such we are a necessary part of said function. We are through our perception keeping it real (not to coin the phrase.)

When you return to zero, you essential go home a state of no traveling, a state of rest. So +1 is really a journey...question is in the case of an atom, what is journeying? nothing seems to be traveling, something is pushing creating the receiving. its like you're pushing your foot with your head the finite space of your body causing you to spin. when you stop pushing your own foot, you stop spinning, you are at rest.

1. profile image0

exactly. what is IS the projection, the consideration, the question.
                from there -depending on the necessity { reality = energy * necessity } - said vibe/property/charge will interact and 'spit out' an answer/solution/reflection.

i saw this in physics.

two unlike particles intersect/collide, disappear and poof, a completely different particle appears out of 'nowhere'. It is just beautiful !!!

I know, right? Even the way stars are formed, its almost poetic. When two positively charged particles fuse, nuclear fusion is bewildering. What makes two particles designed tor repel each other suddenly attract? I am aware that the answer may be there, but i don't know what it is.

3. brianzen profile image60

just a downhill stream of consciousness gaining momentum, and maybe towards an ocean of itself like water. (maybe)

4. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I think that the entire universe and the planet has a consciousness like gravitation in some way. I don't have any way to prove this. Any ideas that the planet and universe both display conscious actions?

Of course we have to look for things to find them so even if they do, who would notice?

(Of course maybe that is why we are here.) to be that conscious action, the universe becoming aware of itself through us is a practical theory. Why stop at global consciousness, why not Universal?

1. marinealways24 profile image59
          marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting stuff, do you have any ideas of there being consciousness in gravity?

well gravity is produced by the presence of matter, bending the fabric of space. So the existence of matter produces a wrinkle that makes more matter fall into it until more and more matter will fall and it will get bigger and bigger.

so is it conscious, I don't think so. the stars that created matter as a by product of their light, actually they have lifespans and secretions. Some scientists have suggested that under our current definition, stars may be alive in its own way. So the consciousness is from the stars that secrete these life giving chemicals and star stuff.

5. brianzen profile image60

And then we create artificial universe in cyberspace. Engage the same questions through our avatars and search again in a controlled environment as though compelled to do so. History repeating itself seeking conclusions.

1. profile image0

exactly, which -against many views- supports my argument that human consciousness is total and finite -lacking nothing, unless perceived by the Need To Know syndication/itself.

I think we just became fans of each others work and fast friends.

1. profile image0

welcome to the outcast village. lol.

6. profile image0

Brian,
    this is where my très priori comes in.
    a projection always project, that being a consideration.
    an absorption always absorbs, that being the optic/collective.
    a reflection always reflects, that being a conclusion.

the Question/Answer parallel.
    My bit is that the human consciousness is simply a tool to be used to unite the projective with the reflective.

ex: the human spirit projects, the mind absorbs the body reflects.

{ a rough example }

This is where the mind requires the tune up, then yes it all becomes radiant. Seeing without that clarity is seeing+perspective. We learn to focus to remove "self and other" so that seeing is "just seeing" then (attainment)

subjegation of the mental constraint , prevents emotional spamming. No one piece can be the entire puzzle so recursive logic brings us to our share in the experience.

2. profile image0

Indeed. This is what I refer to as Grace, the "adamic stasis", if you will. A totality of light -projective, optic, reflective. Beyond the stasis of mind { consciousness } -meaning the mind becomes fully optic, 0.

7. marinealways24 profile image59

Thanks for all of the information you all put up. I will catch up tomorrow, have a good night. big_smile

Hey have a good one marine.

2. profile image0

night bud.

8. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

ceciliabeltran
    I'm usually respectful? How is what I am saying about plants different from what you are saying?
    My first post:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post891682
    Consciousness is self awareness (knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and desires and of one's surroundings). It comes about through the five senses and emotions controlled by the interaction of the left brain (analytical thought). and by the subconscious because the conscious mind can only live in the moment and has no memory without the support of the right brain (creative thought and the emotions).

Marines remark:
    Again, consciousness is not limited to just humans. Plants have consciousness of the environment and don't have brains.

My reply to Marine:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post892400
    Plants have DNA..The root is their so called brain.and the genomes throughout the plant.(AGAIN..you're statement back at you) Plants  react to the environment. Plants do not have self awareness in the same way as humans do.  Prove this...

Everything that lives has DNA and genetic material that acts as a  brain though it is not like the human brain.

If you think my definition of human consciousness is wrong..please take some medical and biology courses.

Marines remark:
    I don't need to take medical or biology courses to know your definition isn't absolute. It's funny you claim yours is when most scientists and biologist leave it to philosophy. Maybe you should take some more courses. I think plants have conscious cells just as humans, this is how they make conscious reactions to the environment. It takes the DNA to get the brain. There is consciousness in DNA also. Go back to school.

Your remark:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post892716
    Oh Hi Deborah, but no, no...it is not the genome. It's the membrane that is the brain. The brain is that which senses the outside world no? 
The genome is the gonads. When you take it out the cell will continue to live but not reproduce or replicate its proteins. Also, marine, the consciousness is not in the DNA, the information gathered by the organism's awareness of itself/outside world is stored in the DNA. You are not like your sperm (hahahaha) Or gonads (hahahahahaha) 

The idea that the regulatory proteins react to environment even suggest that as basic as the proteins that organize as strings to be able to move in snake-like motions (the are called nanosnakes), consciousness of the environment is already present. its rudimentary but it is awareness of self versus outside world.

It's called Epigenetics. The thing that we really to agree need on is definition. Is consciousness the ability to make an accurate model of the outside world (or reality) or is it awareness of self even if it does not know the outside world?  If hellen keller cannot feel or walk around, will she considered conscious?

Without the senses, will your brain learn and store memory?

Your next remark which by the way has proven to be untrue over and over:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post892724
    have you heard of the macaques that suddenly started washing their potatoes, then the macaques in the opposite island started doing the same. It's a famous study. Biologists are baffled.

My next remark:
    Faith is the uniting of the left and right brain hemispheres..The two thought processes agree. It's like when you learn something new and you have the ah ha moment..Your mind takes it and stores it as fact..

All things are dependent on the mind..without the mind how would you know you exist?
Where do you get your knowledge?

My next remark which I stand by regardless of the disagreement.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post893022
    Oh Hi, I hate to disagree with you because we have the Kabbalah in common. However. plants do not have self awareness. Plants react to their environment and survive against great odds. When the genes of a plant mutates to adapt to the environment, they pass it down to their offspring even when the offspring isn't subjected to the same harsh environment. This occurs through the Genomes. Plants are not self-aware as humans are as Marine whatever has indicated. This is what I learned in my six years of study. 
Consciousness is in the communication of the left and right sides of the brain through the five senses and emotions.. It is the mind's awareness of itself and its surroundings. It is the EGO the Id and the Superego. Awareness is due to every part of the central nervous system and the storehouse of memory.  Consciousness is also in DNA and Stem cells. The Vagus Nerves are cranial nerves that extend from the brain into the body to supply the organs and stomach, but these nerves also make the brain aware of the body. It crisscrosses  back up and enters the brain again. When the connection of the vagus nerve from the brain to the body and back into the brain is broken, the brain may not be aware (conscious) of certain parts of the body. It takes the complete memory cells working together. 
Yes Helen Keller would still be conscious although she couldn't see.. However she could taste, feel, and sense. A baby has to develop this consciousness through observation and feelings. 

We can live and not be aware (Conscious) we can be in a coma and brain-dead.

Then Marine starts the insults
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post893076
    again go back to school. It takes consciousness to replicate DNA. Yes, we can live without being conscious, but we can't live without being subconscious.

More insults:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post896820
    I think she is just angry at me because her consciousness evolved from a plant.

more
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38190?p … post896838
    lol You don't say much of anything with value. I thought your higher consciousness school should teach you unity in universal consciousness. Does it teach you that you are mighty for acheiving higher consciousness and becoming enlightened?

There are dozens of childish insults from Marine here..I mirrored him back. (HOWEVER I THINK MARINE IS A FEMALE NOT A MALE) 

And I am the disrespectful one.

Hello Mrs Sexton, I suppose that we were on a slightly different wave at this moment but, I think you have a point about sentience not being exclusive. I also think that with some arguments like the one between you and marine the whole point was lost. Which is unfortunate. I cannot say without knowing the motives who started what. I do think you both could probably settle it easily though. He is seeking his enlightenment and you are seeking yours. Neither of you can arrive at it with bruised ego. And I read some of your stuff, I liked it a lot.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually Marine posed a question of physical consciousness which I answered.
        Then Marine suddenly knew the answer and started these really silly replies and insults. This is due to her/his disagreements with me on other threads.

Thanks for reading some of my work. smile

OH and my name Deborah is real but Sexton is my pen name. I prefer Deborah to MRS. Sexton

Now you are assuming I am holding grudges from other threads....ridiculous, the last thread I talked to you on before this one, I gave you my sympathies for something, I don't recall. So, your theoretical assumption is shot. I have nothing personal against you, I actually like the fire in you and your picture is pretty easy on the eyes. I think if you would be more humble to consider ideas before instant ridicule, the conversation would  be a lot smoother.

Well Deborah, i don't know what you're so hurt about.  It is a discussion. I don't really mind being proven wrong. I am just telling you that the DNA is not the source of consciousness but a product of it.

The entire left brain right brain thing is irrelevant. It is a macrocosm of a rudimentary version of cell consciousness. I was just explaining that the DNA is not fascillitating consciousness,its memory, the same way the cortex brain along with the senses generates the consciousness in humans and stores in the limbic system and the brain stem and makes it a programming that can be passed on by the genes. Different matter but same dynamics.

I agree with brianzen, your point is lost. I suggest you get back to that.
      For what its worth, I apologize for "hurting" your feelings, it was not my intent. My intent was to prove a point. Now if you have a point to say regarding consciousness in rudimentary forms of life, then state it. Prove me and marine wrong. Otherwise, you are just working yourself up for people you don't know over a topic that does not affect your life.

In my country we have a saying "ang pikon talo" what that means is this." if you get angry, you lose".  Or more precisely "the angry one is the loser"

Really really not worth losing your cool. Its a discussion.

1. profile image0

I wasn't hurt and not angry. I was simply pointing out the posts.
        No one on the internet can hurt me. smile

If Marine had not started the silly stuff maybe I could have explained more.

You still have no idea what I was saying. The question did not state anything else except in a medical/biological level.

Prove your own stance.

Again you have missed my point and obviously you haven't read anything I have said on this forum nor on my hubs. Yes the words
        but not the meanings.

Please look at YOURSELF as an exercise.sooo ZEN.and stop trying to always be the master..smile Try to sit back and understand what someone else is saying. Instead of saying no..no..no.. as soon as you read a sentence. You've created hubs after I brought up certain things to you..

Deleted

and my  dear, ah...clarify. Master of what? You want to be the master, ok master....I prostrate to your chosen-ness. Now can we move on, and tell me

what is it about membrane being the brain of the cell not evidence that cells have consciousness.

9. profile image0

that is the reallllllly short, muddled version.
    as of late, i have some -i don't know- thousand sequences mapped.

I cannot wait to read your hubs in their entirety, so how have we not been introduced?  ............I do agree that grace is the state, The enlightenment state in Buddhism is comparable to being at anchor in the continuum. That said knowing it and feeling/experiencing it is "Quite Brief" so as analysis goes you just get "knowing" and that tends to be conclusive. since it is wisdom from a process of experiencing the truth firsthand. I have had many of these Kensho but Satori is elusive. The only difference is total mastery of the self and that includes the outer aspects that contribute to it. since in fact the origin of our perception is both the external matter, and the internal part. Hense, seeing into ones self sort of is like seeing in a dream state. with what eyes do we do this. and thus trance states appear.

10. profile image0

much of my hubs lean -at the moment- toward the Ism -specifically, Duality turned Quality; Theistic missteps.

My book in progress, Quantus Philo : how great free will, combines this exact consciousness critique, the Ism, energy mapping, etc.
    It also includes the full adamic conception from a to z and a practical application of Purity.

===

Serious am going to read your stuff. Am a novice with regard to Taoism -except for some light reading. Looking forward to more insights.

Anything you ask, If I do not know I will point at where to look. And Check out Tao Te Ching and Hua Hu Ching, Lao Tzu and you were alike in my estimation. He had these angles in mind like 2600 years ago because he researched the I Ching. Which is a system that they used for answering questions based on the ascribable conditions. People still consult this thing and it supposedly has the very origins of the written word within it.

He was a librarian who considered himself an outcast until he became a great sage. (he held a grudge too.) Not that I think you do. (He did though and if you read tao te ching remember what I  said about that grudge.

11. profile image0

will do.

The i ching I know - the 64 hexigrams and of Lao Tzu philosophy. Fitjof Capra included them in the Tao of Physics, which is a great read.

I am off to rest.
    Again, great to met you, Brain. hub @ ya soon.
    cheers.

James.

Cheers

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brianzen - I am in China and looking at comparative philosophy as part of culture comparison.

I find the Tao de Ching is pretty much Critical Thinking/Theory.

Maybe we could start a thread to discuss some of it ?

A bit of time first to get around the hubs might be a good idea to save duplication - I have to say that the language of what you say is a bit daunting but you seem to be saying things I can see big_smile

I have been planning to make a hub about east west philosophy comparisons generally.

Oh, critical thinking is actually very zen. Look at yourself sort of exercise.

It also helps to argue with  yourself. big_smile

2. Obscure Divine profile image60
          Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Taoism is some awesome stuff without all the bull-sh*t; feel free to blast away on the subject, China Man.

12. profile image0

For Cellia
    The title of this thread created by Marinealways is "What makes consciousness" and his/her first comment was "How does consciousness happen?"

On other threads Marine has indicated he/she holds no true beliefs in No-thingness nor in God..so I answered this on a physical/medical level and answered that question.

I will be writing you another longer answer here shortly in Word first so I am not hurried.

If you are a true Kabbalist you know that all the levels of consciousness is expressed in MalKoot which is the physical man and that the brain is the seat of the mind.

Also everything you are trying to TEACH ME (shattered Vessel/lights, Emanations etc) I have already expressed in my hubs I wrote 4 months ago "The Kabbalah in Simple Terms"= http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Kabbalah-In-Simple-Terms  "Kabbalah Concepts" parts I and II= http://hubpages.com/hub/Kabbalah-Concept-Part-1  and http://hubpages.com/hub/Kabbalah-Concept-Part-II, "The Christ and Why He Came" parts I and II. and several more...
    So I'm not sure why you are trying to act as though you have need to teach me.

The question posed by Marine is about expression of consciousness or what it is.

I am writing something for this thread to you so please check back.

Why do you hate me? Is this what higher consciousness teaches you? big_smile
      I did say that I don't believe anything absolute while I also believe anything and everything is possible. How do you think the first conscious life evolved? Do you even believe evolution?

Marine, at this point really...there's no point.

Deborah, I am not trying to teach you, I am pointing out these things to you as part of the argument to prove the point that even the Torah will tell you that all things have consciousness.

Prove your point, not your authority. Your point will prove your authority, so you won't need to point it out. You will just inspire people. And if you think I have no right to speak my mind because how dare I teach you, ask yourself what you are refusing to learn. Because I am not trying to teach you anything.

13. profile image0

marinealways24

I gave you my sympathies for something, I don't recall.I don't want nor need your sympathy.   So, your theoretical assumption is shot. Nothing is shot. I have nothing personal against you, Right.
    I actually like the fire in you and your picture is pretty easy on the eyes. I think you are female so I hope I'm not easy on your eyes.  I think if you would be more humble Like you?  to consider ideas before instant ridicule, the conversation would  be a lot smoother. I have studied consciousness via the physical and invisible for many years. You still don't get my drift because you don't want to and you are unwilling to learn. . It is you who started this..so you need to grow up and stop attacking what people say to you right away. If you had been kind instead of childish I would not have mirrored you back..

1. Obscure Divine profile image60

You mentioned the terms "pretty easy on the eyes"...well, all this 'red' font color that you used, is not easy on the eyes.

Deborah, read Marine's profile...  Does that sound female?
      I'd hate to know there were females that took part in some of the activities he says he has.  For example, how many female "bouncers" have you seen?

I don't know, maybe Marine's wife is now posting.
      Marinealways24:  You have some gender questions to answer!
      Now, get with it...  Ha-ha!  wink

1. profile image0

I didn't say easy on the eyes. See another person not reading. I was quoting Marine..the black is Marine's quote and the red is my reply. Need anymore hand holding?
        Since it was to Marine why did you read it if it's not easy on your eyes?

I had to use the red to separate Marine's quote and my reply. Understand?

I have studied language men use and women use. It is actually science and is used by Forensics. Marine's usage of certain words is overwhelmingly female.

Do you believe everything you read? Profiles?

I said you mentioned the terms...  Yes; yes you did.  If you quoted him, you mentioned the terms!  Duh!
          You don't have to use color to separate statements; the rest of us have no problem doing so.
          You obviously have an intellectual complex...and I mean obviously.

1. profile image0

I'll write the way I want and you do the same. Now a fight about red letters. More childishness.

What Fight?  Yeah, right!  I thought "fight" meant something else; interesting... Write on, Deborah...  Ha-ha!

14. profile image0

Marinealways24
    Why do you hate me? Is this what higher consciousness teaches you? big_smile I don't hate you I just like adult to adult talk not adult to child or adult to parent. You don't even know about higher consciousness according to the remarks you have written so I guess mine is higher. You know nothing about me except that when someone acts like a child..I mirror them back..It allows you see yourself if you'd only look.
    I did say that I don't believe anything absolute while I also believe anything and everything is possible.How do you think the first conscious life evolved? Do you even believe evolution?  I believe in both Creationism AND Evolution.Can't study biology and not believe in Evolution. But we had to evolve from something. 

How am I supposed to have conversation when you are not honest enough to admit you and your husband are both wrong about the leaves evolving from the stems? You said yourself that leaves grow from the stems, if one thing grows from the other, it evolves from what it is growing from. So how can you not admit that leaves don't evolve from stems? Why do you think it is unrealistic that we evolved from plants?

15. brianzen profile image60

This may be my fault marine. Last night when you left she popped in and asked if we thought she was rude. I answered that I thought you guys would get along fine if neither of you wanted anything more than to reach enlightenment. I had no idea who was mad at who really. I was trying to stay out of it.

I think she believes she has already reached enlightenment or else maybe she wouldn't keep assuming I am a female with no reasoning behind why she assumes this. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate me consistently assuming she is a male for no reason. I didn't know higher consciousness assumed everything. The red text is also enlightenedly intimidating. big_smile

2. profile image0

I never asked you or anyone else if you thought I was rude.
      Please point me to this.

16. brianzen profile image60

I think she mostly does not understand why you were adamant about it, and thought you meant to insult her, and I think you felt insulted too. I reread some of it and its like you both needed badly to feel correct. But that's normal and I think you are both brilliant and should just agree to disagree and live and let live.

But this is just my take on it, I personally would not be to worried if I were either of you, because what you both are doing is happening in every science lab, every dojo, and every ashram in this world. It just usually happens between people who know each other better.

True; the human race has been fighting, arguing, and in disagreement...ever since we first started dwelling on this planet.
        I believe they call this thing 'infinite chaos."  It's fun, though...

who was that? Hobbes, you are channeling Hobbes Obscure, streaming consciousness again.

17. brianzen profile image60

And the leaves from stems thing is nothing, they actually come from the needle design of the ancient pine forests, more oxygen back then permitted them more heat and light which is why, After the last ice age as oxygen receded trees began turning pine needles in to leaves. The larger pines had much larger needles but they changed too.

We partcipated in lots of these debates, and generally the quickest road to the best science available, is the nearest college that has any good current resource material. Botany versus paleobotany.

Fossil records out of china and russia actually chart the process nicely.

2. brianzen profile image60

Fossil records out of china and russia actually chart the process nicely.

3. profile image0

Yes but Marine disagrees on this. It took me 6 years to get my Masters in Nursing. I also had to take Biology and Chemistry on a higher level.

But it doesn't really matter who is right. What matters is being able to express your side and you did not feel heard, am I correct?

which is worse when you know your stuff.

You felt dismissed and that sucks, and you really wanted to be heard in that discussion, I read your stuff you should have been pert of it. But the harder part is being listened too when what comes in to the discussion has seemingly no immediate bearing on the course we were headed in so it was like you were "hijacking the thread" from Marines point of view. (Make sense?)

2. profile image0

Exactly what I did until Marine started ridiculing and name calling.

I don't need to be right. However misinformation is misinformation.
            If Marine had allowed me to express myself it would not have gone this far.

I am tired of all this now. Everyone stating if I had done this and this..

I will wait untill I can assume you read my reply, about hijacking the thread.

1. profile image0

If Marine's title and first statement had not been a question it would be different. When you ask a question you get answers. Since my definition is correct it was not Hijacking.. It was on the line she wanted an answer to.

If I had started talking about cookies that would be hijacking.

I was giving one answer. However Marine took it further and I replied to each of her/his remarks to me. That is also not hijacking.

Are you sure all of the neurons are firing? You get lost in your assumptions until you fully believe them. You have fully convinced yourself that I am a woman, which is wrong, from what you believe you have been trained about in college. I don't think this is normal behavior. If you get carried away with this assumption, theres no telling what else you think you know that you don't know.

Spot on, Mr. Marine!  big_smile

2. profile image0

On and on with the insults.
                    Does it make you feel better or is it a red herring to get people's attention away from your ridiculous definition of Evolution?

18. brianzen profile image60

I am for one glad that we do not use skype exclusively, though it would sometimes make these things easier to sort out, We would all be laughing about this already.

I am sure marine is reading this and saying "what the hell?" He probably doesn't see the big deal, He is most certainly the gender that he claims to be. As far as I can tell you can both assume it was just the heat of the topic. It does make people passionate.

I on the other hand was raised by women which is like being raised by wolves, but with shorter teeth. (I just mean I get it)

He will get it to and say something eventually.

19. brianzen profile image60

But you are going about it all wrong. Express yourself gently at first, let them get to know you. You go at things to fiercely for it to sound anything like friendly discussion.

20. marinealways24 profile image59

Deborah Sexton
    1532 posts
    Hubs: 42
    Followers: 128I didn't say easy on the eyes. See another person not reading. I was quoting Marine..the black is Marine's quote and the red is my reply. Need anymore hand holding?
    Since it was to Marine why did you read it if it's not easy on your eyes?
    I had to use the red to separate Marine's quote and my reply. Understand?
    I have studied language men use and women use. It is actually science and is used by Forensics. Marine's usage of certain words is overwhelmingly female.
    Do you believe everything you read? Profiles?

lol And you wonder why you can't get sensible conversation. Yes, perfectly logical, you are trained to know feminine words and recognize a profile conspiracy that is simply to trick you. By the way, what is your conspiracy theory for why I would create a false profile? lol

Yeah, really!  Plus, she was wrong about that statement because she DID mention the terms "easy on the eyes" by quoting you - as I pointed out earlier.
      Does this all fall back to certain individuals having poor cognitive function or is it simply a form of miscommunication?  LOL!

I think she just makes assumptions, gets over excited thinking she's right and starts believing them. I honestly thinks she has pride and ego that she is of higher intellect and consciousness due to her education and spiritual experience. I also think she has convinced herself that she is enlightened to make her feel above others, notice she has refuted everything but the enlightenment assumptions I made about her.

I really think it is an intellectual complex.  Basically meaning that she feels she has to constantly prove her intellect and gets defensive if others start sounding more intellectual or doesn't buy into her "ways of thinking."  One could easily say, that type of attitude will have trouble in online forums...  LOL!

1. profile image0

Who is more intelligent? lol lol

Exactly; you proved it again.  Ha-ha! LOL!

21. profile image0

so how `bout them Sonic's huh? what a team.

Ha-ha!  So, how's the weather at your end of the booming metropolis of New York.  It is wet, rainy & messy, down here.  wink

1. profile image0

finally, sunny & 65-70. Was out in Central Park yesterday.
        Just g-reat!
        Would have been better if Villanova had won against a bunch of gaels (girls) and Syracuse lost to gonzo, but hey, that's March madness for ya.

22. brianzen profile image60

Howdy

23. profile image0

Hey Brian. what's happening?

Getting ready for my workout routine. (and cleaning the s#it off my cyber shoes.) I felt bad for Marine.

Sometimes women wait their whole lives to get taken seriously. It wasn't his fault that she chose that moment. He couldn't have avoided that.

2. brianzen profile image60

Meanwhile how are you guys?

1. profile image0

good good.
        working on the 360 training course, prepping a new hub, still at the task of quantus philo and getting over the villanova upset.

3. brianzen profile image60

Can't wait to read it. Villanova, Geez sorry to hear about that. My sport is MMA so I really don't follow now but I get it.

1. profile image0

ultimate fighter? have a friend who used to compete.
        he was good. why he became a soap-opera actor is beyond me.
        { well he always was a pretty boy. lol }

I used to be big into Martial Arts.  What's some of your favorite styles, weapons, and established fighters?

4. brianzen profile image60

I used to dojo train constantly, now I just workout a lot and spar, I did compete for years but never mma. Just Kenpo, then Ninpo Taijutsu, Bushido (kendo) and some street fighting stuff. My knees arent so good so I stay out of the cages.

I did some kendo myself but with Aikido. I used to practice 4 hours a day before I got married. It was like meditation on the third hour. I kind of miss it.

5. brianzen profile image60

I think maybe we all need more of that kind of patience, Deb, Marine, Me. You have a good way about you.

Thanks.  big_smile

May I just say, it is hilarious that forums become occasionally about who's smarter...we should have forum that has that title "WHO's Smarter? me or you?"

I mean, really? Do we really need to get validation of our IQ here? This is not the venue....take a mensa test, pay a couple of bucks and then get a certificate. Print the image on a t-shirt and walk around town. That would be less humiliating that getting it in forum full of strangers. It sometimes sounds like kindergarten lunchroom conversation in here.

(but I'm taller than you, but I'm going to be six earlier than you, but my mom is prettier than yours, but I can count up to a hundred. OH yeah? prove it)

Back to consciousness.

What is it? Is it a product of the mind or is the mind it's product?

Does fractal geometry prove that because we are conscious, so are our cells?

I guess that's that then until somebody actually goes back to the topic.

6. profile image0

the Zayin is the crowned Vav, unless I am misreading it. smile

The mind is only a switchboard of information between spirit and body/body and spirit, hence the seemingly infinite probabilities in a finite 'space'.

True, on the grasshoppers. Same as humans -all the same, all unique. However, the human consciousness perceives the infinite -free will. Consciousness is useful, in that its purpose is to provide all necessary information, without which would limit human ability to create or be. The summary of perception, logic, etc is consciousness and the action of it, awareness. Superseding that consciousness has always been the human goal -by either reflections of the Ism.

Interesting. If Zayin (must admit, this didn't quite make an impression until now) is the crowned VAV then translating that to modern times, it means. The Action (along with the spirt/power/force Alef)that fertilizes the earth with life is the culmination of spacetime. wow, that's deep. That means Zayin is about life acting like Alef, like a force on its own!

Darkness (matter with very very low levels of life) succeeded  in retaining the knowledge of bright light (concept)with life as its embodiment(expression/execution). It is like a major success, that even in non-motion and non-radiance, (or limited said motion and radiance) the knowledge is still true/applicable.

I must admit though that I am not very free will conscious. I really don't give it much thought. I actually somewhat believe that free will, is freedom not to react with reflex, but to hold an impulse until best possible response is deliberated.  Our mechanized behaviors are not our own, but that of our ancestors, so in some ways we are slaves of their habits of choices. The genes should not lead the way, we must be free to program our subconscious in our lifetime to improve our circumstances in the present life conditions.

That is why it is archetypally showing up in mystical thought as "mindfulness", "love others as you love yourself", empty yourself, do not sin, etc etc. All these thought processes involve frontal cortex and takes the burden of decision away from the limbic system which is where our more primitive responses are programmed. example: Snake=will eat you, walk away calmly.
        Moving Shadows=might be something that will eat you, run away. sudden darting movement=something might be stalking you to eat you. freeze, wait. Angry boss=might take what you are going to eat, club him! Man talking to your wife= might eat your -- heart out. beat him up!  and so on and so forth. which leads neatly to Obscure's question below.

Or, you could call it all hogwash and find this grand illusion as a place for self-discovery?  Ya know, since we are all lost bits of information from one disrupted database?

that's why the manual says, peel the darkness. in other words, the darkness is just the lowest level of light, so buddha says all is good.

2. profile image0

yip.
          perfect example about said darkness, and its characteristics: a black hole. A former project, absorb, reflect object -turned darkness- having a density so high, very little light (ray, optic or wave) and 'move'.

woohoo!

must be hungry. it is almost dinner. black hole is trash can. there was this ...lemme look for it. addendum : trash can=waste,  the scarab idea. that life can come from waste.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications/ne … holes.html and for more clarity
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar

which means the darkest darkness produces the brightest light.

1. profile image0

ack! quasar!

yeah, the energy emitting from a quasar is said to be so intense, because it engulfed by an ultra dense area called black hole. If correct, then a black hole is an ultra magnetic interaction of both ray and wave -a polar optic collision. I can agree to that. So the perimeter is so intense that the emission is super compressed and thrusting out a 'brighter' wave/ray collective.

berry berry interesting.

errr...yeah (skimming through books rapidly)

3. profile image0

lol. a fellow foody?

7. Obscure Divine profile image60
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years ago

The original topic will be there, if Mr. Marine has anything to do with it.  But, if it gets too far astray, he'll reopen a new thread or forum topic - ha-ha!
      Okay, speaking of changing the subject:

Lets temporarily take a break from the topic of 'consciousness' and let me ask a question to y'all about 'conscience'...
      Of course, 'conscience' means:  The consciousness of the moral right and wrong of one's own acts or motives.  LOL!

By the way, before answering:  I didn't ask whether you believe in a thing called right or wrong, I asked if we were born with that acknowledgement of justness before we had a chance to think otherwise!

What is true conscience; are humans born with it or does it even exist at all?
      I'm just curious about what others think...

do you want the neurological perspective or the philosophical one?

it is neurologically wired. I wrote an entire hub explaining this.
        http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Garden-of-E … iginal-Sin  (not promoting but lazy to repeat myself)

if you're lazy too, it explains that true conscience is really mindfulness, not acting out of fear of death, but of deliberate awareness of what will be good for everybody in the long term.

What are your thoughts. Usually the questioner has some pretty good answers.

1. profile image0

you just stole my response question. lol.

he he he...now you got to think up another one.

1. profile image0

tongue

Both of ya can give me both; I don't care...  smile

daz not the point

I answered the damn question...  duh!

wha?

3. Obscure Divine profile image60

I think conscience is due to past awareness; plain & simple.

kind of the opposite of what I believe...but lemme explore that option.

Well, it can't be from future awareness.  Dammit, I was trying to sleep and here you come...  LOL!

1. profile image0

sure it can, depending on the perspective of awareness and the a priori to posteriori. The information the same, the perception of instance of a parallel determining how-to satisfy the need for solution. Else, the parallel is called sensation, instinct, meaning it overloads with probabilities at any given instance of optic (absorption).

fear, cry, laugh, hesitate, etc.

example. you are having a heated discussion with someone and so much information is on-the-move, either of you shakes your head, attempting to shake off the sensation overload. My buddy says its like that moment right before you're drunk, when you are aware you are about to be drunk and poof, overload -you wake up in a strange place with a strange feeling and curiosity about what happened.

Oh wait, those were my universe-ity years.

Well, I haven't mastered time travel into the future yet, so I can't really respond to that.  I need to reinvent that contraption, by the way...  wink

oh yes you have...see you just are not aware of it the contraption is your body.

8. profile image0

just to toss this into the salad.
      one of my points regarding consciousness and the adamic conception is that his brain 'overloaded' with information. Like a computer, it was unable to process all that data all at once and sort caused a 'seizure' and the once perfectly stable unit of mind, became a massive jumble of parallels, thoughts that he is trying to sort out for himself.

I hope you're not talking to me, because I never have to reboot my system, as it flows like water.  Ask Cecilia, about my intuition, ha-ha!

Obscure has the uncanny ability to assign some breakthrough thought he heard in the whisperings of the air as his. ha ha ha

Ha-ha!  Thanks, but it was mine after I stole it from someone else's thought waves.  Who cares; I'm talented, what can I say?  tongue

many of them long dead, ya know. your like a "grave thought" robber. ha ha

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63

that is a thought 21. (love the name by the way, you reprogramming anything?)
        myth concurs. the one soul could not bear the love of Gd and so it shattered into billions of pieces and was lost in darkness, meaning Gd's mirror (validation point) was broken down into infinite ways it is almost unknown.

0=infinity sort of conundrum, when you count to long, you forget where you are so you start counting from the top over and over.

9. profile image0

Which is what (on other threads. my endless agrument, that Y`shua is). 'Alef-Tav' in action, the asher of the ehyeh asher ehyeh )

anyway, lemme stay on topic. lol

i hear you, 21. we speak the same ancient language. Yshua is Alef-TAV, HENCE THE CROSS with an inri on top. The coming down of divine knowledge to life.

1. profile image0

wow! as not many realize this.

yes, we are not alone! Bada-bing!

1. profile image0

indeed!

oh no, not the bada-bing. Someone just asked me this the other day.
              the bada bing is actually a backroom of a new jersey strip club where the mafia used to bootleg booze.

hmmm...i wonder.

because it is illegal to sell booze in a strip club in "Joyzey"

oh...Bagel and cream cheese sandwich then!

1. profile image0

ha-ha.
                  "So he said, "vut is a nice yiddish girl like you doing in a place like this"? She answered: I was starving after those damn forty years wandering the desert looking for a man...na, I'm just kidding"

-bada bing!

geez careful with that stuff, i read it out loud!

Chingaznuf zimmpt ta taunttu bingcho azu?

10. profile image0

it is philos design at the core.

philos being purity -or complete consciousness.

past, present and future are irrelevant to consciousness.
      as light and energy are ever constant.

we perceive there is: before, now and after -through the same process of thought: question, collect, answer.

All information is already within, dismissing the need of 'time and distance(space)'.

Awareness is the action of consciousness; so it can either project, absorb or reflect -at any given instance- simultaneously. Thus negating the past-present-future.

So, you really think we are all created equal on planet Earth?
        Have you ever heard of something called "multiple levels of existence?"  Just curious...

1. profile image0

i do.
          yes, i have.

they are nice concepts but 'existence' isn't defined by the have or have not of intel. One can exist with little or no consciousness or conscious action.

To consider that every human is equal makes things a little different on the playing field. It is not because Bobby doesn't know 1,2,3 it is because Bobby hasn't put 1,2,3 into motion (awareness) or that awareness is not correct -meaning the data is out of order.

What really grabs people is when I tell them that deja vu is them projecting beyond consciousness and than reflecting back into consciousness. At some instance that awareness will happen and voi la, deju vu.

The universe doesn't represent equality; for example, the entity of Earth's Sun is way much smaller than many a star that we currently know about.  It is not about universal fairness, it is about universal awareness.

1. profile image0

fairness is not the same as equality.
              As I said to Ceci, all grasshoppers are grasshoppers, 'think' like grasshoppers and do what grasshoppers do. But each one is unique.
              Same as stars. all are stars, all unique. This is equality.

The varieties or variations of that equality just are astounding!
              Just take the earths flower category, just awesome. Humans too. Presently 7 billion humans -all shapes, sizes, ages, textures, colors, perspectives, individuality -yet all human having all human characteristics.

Oh, I see...  We disagree on what the term 'equality' means...
                In my opinion, there is nothing equal about being different.  The uniqueness separates us all.
                But, on the other hand, I think you're trying to say that the fact we are all equally different, makes for equality.  Now, that's some twisted sh*t!  Ha-ha!

1. profile image0

lol indeed.

do you remember what I told you about better being an illusion, there it is  in 21 days post.

and once again Obscure the line you just said...is a famous line.

"we are all different which makes us all the same." wish I could remember where i watched it, or read it...but i can't. i need coffee....it was even the punchline of a blockbuster

I really don't read or watch hardly anything these days.  This is so weird, that everything I say comes from your "giants" of intellect - as you say, but I'm really being original in my mind.  Very strange...

1. profile image0

you're on point OD. As I said, all information is there. You're becoming aware of it (consciousness in motion). Which is awesome.

x=X

ha ha ha! just kidding....yeah but really x=X

Also:  We do not all collide & die at the same time, much like the visible universe represents the randomness & rebirth, so in that aspect, we can never be truly synchronized; hence, how are we "all" created equal and why would there not be multiple levels of existence?  wink

1. profile image0

again, sync is not based on all things being flat line and going from/to here/there the massive variations of universal equality.

I really don't think you answered my question, but it was funny, though.  LOL!
            Damn, I'll have to check back later; I've got to get some rest, since I'm a night-shift working type of guy... 
            It's been fun chatting.  I'll see ya around cyber-space, at a later date.  smile

I think she/he did. The answer is fractals, where size becomes insignificant. the only thing worth measuring is proportion. x=X.

the child is the adult
              the cell is the human
              the atom is the galaxy
              the stem is the tree
              the tree is the forest

No, that's called over-analyzing actuality to the point of asininity.

not really. to mathematically minded people it's a like a picture.

...in plain terms

man is made in the image and likeness of his creator/ the Creator.

i thought you were working....go to your bed, obscure. sleep, then knock on the mainframe and ask about fractals...or you good google it, it's pretty interesting. there was a special in PBS by Nova its called hidden dimensions. you'll like it I promise.

I watched all 3 videos and I thought it was funny as hell.  I spent most of my time, reminiscing about Kindergarten classes, seriously.
                      Thanks, anyway.  Ha-ha!

I don't need to Google anything, but I may knock on the interstellar mainframe; ha-ha!  Yeah, I should have done went to bed, but I substituted some sleep for extra beers.
                    I may check out ya YouTube vids, tomorrow. 
                    By the way, I quit the whole mathematically minded crap, a few years ago.  Cheers!  wink

you didn't quit, it quit on you. just kidding. sweet dreams and say hello to NEO

11. marinealways24 profile image59

Why does consciousness want to be conscious when it's far much easier to live unconscious or subconscious?

1. profile image0

This is it's purpose. Are you asking if consciousness itself is aware of itself?

( how's that Ceci? jeje ).

I think it is partly to do with fear of death. If it wasn't aware of itself, how would it know it's purpose?

well at this point all you say to me is YES! I'm mechanizing to agree with you already...hahaha!

1. profile image0

si si, Ceci.

well, life has learned that prediction aka intelligence not only makes you live longer but also better. you don't have to face saber-tooths and rely on your reflex. you see the sabertooth footprints and are able to compute that yeah, not that way. that's not reflex, that's lemme see if i go there and a sabertooth's there, then i'll be its lunch, if I go the other way where the dodo footprints are leading, i'll live to eat lunch and bring lunch to my girlfriend, who will be so happy she'll pass on my genes to her kid. Then my kid will be better at decoding footprints and he'll have better lunch than I do.

myth however says, it wants to go back to where we started to experience the knowledge deeply. Like. I am perfect, am I? yeah, I have perfect hair, perfect face, perfect body...wait is it perfect what are these two things jutting out? oh...they're perfect because they have a purpose, what about these spiny things sticking out, oh that's perfect too, it helps me type..I am perfect, i know it because i've inspected every aspect of myself and it's just great!

The term 'perfect' is a personal perspective; that was the most silly post I have ever seen you make.  [Unless you change/edit it] I hope you've been drinking heavily or something, geez....  LOL!

1. profile image0

no, OD, spot on. Perfection is the totality of understanding.
            Lack of active consciousness is imperfect, which is why we 'question' and end up in the Need To Know factory, seeking 'answers' to those 'questions'.

Unfortunately, that can't be true, unless perfection is absolutely nothing.  By what you said, we'd have to all become one source of energy again, to be perfect, BUT obviously...there must have been something wrong from our original glow...or else we wouldn't have split to bits to start with!
              ---Fun stuff to think about...  wink

believe it or not, philosophically speaking the character Q is perfect too. hard but, yeah...must peel that deep darkness (dimness from that guy). It may take a crowbar, but.yeah.

well the distortions that you speak off are illusions of our own limited perspective. As you can see, mathematics is revealing that the thing we call random and jagged is not. its beautiful and orderly.

Okay, let me get this right:  I have "limited" perspectives now?  Ha-ha!  I'm about as broad and open as can be, since all my information comes from thin air, don't ya think?
                  I'm telling ya, I've tried that unlimited perspective crap with mathematics & patterns, and it works for a while, but it folds into itself - just like the "collapse theory" of our own universe, after a while.  But, either way, as much as it pains me, I'll check on the "fractal stuff" you mentioned about, at a later date.  smile

no, it contracts and then expands, you're in...i can't tell. try to expand a little bit more, maybe a baby will come out.

I don't know if you just described penetration or child birth?  WTF?
                      I'm not talking about either scenarios, but thanks for the help; geez......  LOL!

watch fractals Obscure, be in on it! be part of the fractal gang, it's the coolest thing to hit the 80s. You're going to love it I promise!

lower brain: mechanizing to agree with 21 (are you italian? you're always calling me ceci)

1. profile image0

Cecilia is Italian, yes? Hence, Ceci.
                Me: British and Armenian.

Nah...my shoes are italian, my genes are from all sorts of weird fractal combinations of Filipina.

I have all sorts of genetic material mixed with filipino from china, india, spain and surprisingly jewish ones from both sides.

3. profile image0

okay who are you and where did you come from. lol.
        you're in my head. shew shew.

again, I go back to the adamic concept, longevity because there was no lack of active consciousness/awareness. Therefore the stasis complete and the ability to supersede the need to know because all knowledge -being there- was in order/satisfied/actively doing.

who are you? did you come from my head and jumped into the other side of manhattan to talk to me?

1. profile image0

lol. that's what i been trying to find out!

you know what would be cool. If you turn out to be my neighbor! ha ha! You hear a six year old girl singing Bananaphone all the time? That's me! (kidding)

seriously ADAM=ADAMAH man is soil without the HEY. (which is disturbing. Hashem has two Heys. )because Hey means Behold! Observe! Focus.

(M sound) Mem is also Water, interesting right?

Power Doorway Chaos= ADAM
          also
          Force Doorway Consciousness = ADAM
          or
          Spirit Tongue Consciousness = ADAM

the duality is uncanny. there's Obscure's perspective, and then there's Buddha's.

who will I believe...hmmmmmm.... LOL

It's interesting how the vedic aryans/(ab)brahmins and hebrews defined the concept of MAN.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

http://www.sopranofamily.com/wallpaper/1024x768_badabing.jpg

5. profile image0

he gots it!

6. profile image0

if only my ex wife only knew that. LOL.

7. profile image0

if not mistaken, adam the name in Talmud is derived from the four elements of earth, water, fire and the breathe of Elohim.

Oh....i gets.

A=oxpower/breath of Elohim
            D=poverty, doorway to elevation. key to receiving hence DLT =doorwaytotav, presence of the divine of earth
            M=water/consciousness

I am missing fire though. though I suppose it's the Dalit=4, after the four elements. I dunno.

The name obviously is describing divine consciousness receiver. (and transmitter)

I appreciate the remarks (just kidding), but my transmitter is currently down... ha-ha!
              Okay, I'm now off to check out those "fractal" links that you said enlightened a many in the '80s.  neutral

I just watched your videos from the links you gave yesterday.  That is "fractal stuff"...?  I thought of those things when I was 6 years old.  Ya know, that would have been in the '80s.  LOL!

well now you know, that those things you thought of when you had your full mental faculties up and running is mathematical proof that there is order in the universe. smile

Perhaps...  Does this mean I was astoundingly intuitive at age 6, as well?  What happened to when you told me about how intuition increases with knowledge?  I never believed it, and I knew otherwise, but do you remember saying that?
                    Yeah, I was a weird kid that had issues with inter-dimensional beings, seriously.  I tried to cheat the system and tried damned hard to remember my transit time from my latest incarnation, and I took hell for it from the entities from other dimensions...LOL!  Okay, I'll just go ahead and say that I was just kidding about my last remark - I'm just like everybody else, clueless as ever, since it would only make for my admittance of an insane asylum...then again, it would be a great Sci-Fi flick!  Ha-ha!  Ahhh, the transit period...one can only hope to remember, ha-ha!

The jokes say a lot. smile You feel you're giant, no? But there is no proof that you are? Been dreaming of strange dreams, fiery dragons? Maybe even snakes and things like that?wait for it, it will come.

Oh, cool...  You mean, at any moment, I'm liable to start dreaming about 3-headed dragons of fury, oversized hissing Cobras of wickedness, nefarious nirvanas of nebular domination, whirlwinds of stellar chaos, and other nifty stuff like that?  Alright!  It sounds like I'm headed into some hellish creation theories of cosmic collision.  Rock on!  LOL!

8. profile image0

"Sorry, the Universe is 'out of order', please use a different entrance. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you still enjoy your visit."

Quit spamming the universe with your propaganda; dang, bro!  LOL!

1. profile image0

LOL! you know I had to.
            Got some quantified -but recycled- tissue paper stick to by shoe.
            It was embarrassing.

how are you OD, Sleep well? I am in a silly mood today.

Same here; today is full of silliness and I like it!
              No, I'm sleep deprived.  Hell, I'm too tired to even poke fun at some of those confused lunatics on the Religion forums.  I tried earlier, but shortly lost interest after I realized the combined IQ of the entire chat room only totalled to negative infinity.  Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.  Ha-ha!   Take care; my ass is heading to bed for a couple hours.  Oh, I meant to ask before:  Does your name "21 days" stand for something or is it a cycle for something?  I'm sure I need to read some of your stuff, but let me know; just curious.  See ya around cyberspace, bada-bing!  wink

It takes 21 days to reprogram your subconscious. 21 days of mindfulness is all it takes to change habits that has been there since your dad programmed it in your head when you were three.

1. profile image0

emm, actually, the Twenty One Days is exactly how long it takes to germinate any seed on planet earth and the title of my first published book.

smile

Really? Thats an odd coincidence. I will look for your book!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)