Most of the students passing their 10th grade are quite obsessive about getting selected in the college of their choice. The college admission essay thus is the most essential requirement for applying such schools/ colleges.
In the fury of showcasing our writing skills and impressing upon the admission advisor we students often commit common mistakes. These mistakes come with the threat of putting our admission status at stake.
The main important aspects of essay writing are concision and coherence. So the students need to avoid these common mistakes while writing their respective college admission essays.
1. Most of the students tend to be over zealous about themselves. Students are often found to be writing about how they fit into the criteria of said college/ school.
2. The students forget to answer the questions or guidelines. They also forget show a degree of perspective and self-reflection through their writing.
3. Always have a first draft and the final draft of your essay. Once you are one with your first draft, make it a point to re check it. At this stage all the modifications can be done to that essay. Be open to certain changes referred by your teacher or your parents.
4. Most of the students are found associating good experiences to the future goals. This is not a bad idea provided you show a good reasonable connection between them..
5. Writing too much of personal information in the essay is also bad. The essay should reflect your passion, strength and intelligence.
The best way to write an essay is to draft a skeleton of the essay and then give it a defined shape by proper usage of the language and content of the essay.
Very informative, Saanj, but you should make it a hub instead of a forum posting. Good Luck. Keep writing.
by RocketCityWriter 16 months ago
Is it rude to point out grammar/spelling mistakes on hubs via comments?I've come across numerous hubs that have grammar and spelling errors, some minor and some littered with mistakes. Otherwise, these hubs would be interesting and will written in my opinion. Is it rude to point out these mistakes...
by Guru-C 9 years ago
Sometimes (or let's say, often), when I see a spelling error in an otherwise perfect hub, I feel inclined, with the best of intentions, to write to the author and point out the glitch, but don't do so out of fear of offending.I'm curious to know what others think. Would you be bothered if a fellow...
by Kathleen Odenthal 4 years ago
Is there a difference between good writing and quality writing?I read a lot of hubs that are covering great topics, hitting key points and written in an engaging manner, but they have many grammatical errors. Now, I may be a bit of a grammar and spelling snob, but I feel like those two elements are...
by Steve West 6 years ago
Yes, I am a new "hubber." I am also a new writer. It has only been a few months since discovering I really enjoy writing on HubPages. My problem is, since I started writing on HubPages I have been a bit, let's just say, OCD when it comes to my spelling and grammar. Before I hit the...
by Dennis L. Page 6 years ago
Why do fellow Hubbers fawn over a Hub filled with errors?Many times I will see an attention grabbing title and within the first sentence there will be a misspelling of a word. Okay, to err is human and we have all made typographical errors. However, in proceeding further into the story presented I...
by M. T. Dremer 6 years ago
Hypothetical question about editing a friend's writing.Let's say a friend of yours is self publishing their book and they are one more step away from a final product. You know they are going to publish it, and yet they ask you to read it in the hopes of finding some last minute quick fixes. As you...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|