jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Top five leaders of all ancient history, who are they and why?

1. BakerRambles profile image82
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago via iphone

If you could voice your opinion on who the top five leaders of the ancient world, who would they be and why?  Dig deep, theres many, and give a good explanation because I'm sure there will be good debates as to why.  Mine would be Darius, Ramses II, Alexander the great, Caesar, and Louis the 14th, although Louis wasn't actually ancient history, so feel free to name later date leaders as well.

1. KiaKitori profile image73
      KiaKitoriposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Louis the 14 does not belong to ancient history. It belongs to a period called modern history. He reign in France in between 1638 -1715.
      Ancient period is regarded as the period between the end of mesolithic cca 5000 BC and the early middle age or the fall of roman empire as 324 AD.
      I would put Hammurabi instead of Louis (Hammurabi was a Babilonian king who compiled a famous code of laws.

BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol I stated I jumped the gun a little, but the question was what your top five were?  If I had to replace louis I would most certainly have to place yongle in there.

And actually rin-sim I was the previous ruler before hammurabi, a contemporary of Uruk, but Hammurabi had him assassinated because the people were actually in the most prosperous time of the empire, both in an economic sense and militarily.  Hammurabi took his chance to assume power and thus made peace, made the new laws, like martial law kinda.  I guess it was like great Britain and the colonies, same relevance.

2. thooghun profile image82
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Romulus (take a guess where I live smile ?)
    Alexander the Great
    Genghis Khan
    Nebuchadnezzar II
    Menkheperre Thutmose III

Not all "ancient" but that's my 2 euro c wink

I like it, and hmm I'm gonna have to say Rome.

3. Marquis profile image81
    Marquisposted 4 years ago

It is hard for me to just come up with something, so I will just post the first two great ancient leaders. Hammurabi and Sargon of the Akkad.

working