jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

So I'm watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" again...

1. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8593973.jpg
    I have seen this holiday classic literally dozens of times since it was first released in 1989. However, I didn't realize until tonight that Clark Griswold's son "Rusty" was played in this film by a young Johnny Galecki, of future "Roseanne" and "The Big Bang Theory" fame. Mind...blown!!!

2. Grant's World profile image81
    Grant's Worldposted 3 years ago

I know hey!   I just found that out a couple weeks ago.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've known for a long time that daughter "Audrey" was played by a young Juliette Lewis (and the Yuppie next door neighbor is a pre-"Seinfeld" Julia Louis-Dreyfus), but I guess the last time I saw the movie, Johnny Galecki hadn't become famous yet...

1. Grant's World profile image81
        Grant's Worldposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True. I was kinda floored like you when I found out that Leonard was in my favourite CHristmas movie.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Yep, as I was watching yesterday I kept looking at "Rusty" and thinking "Why does that kid look so familiar all if a sudden? Where do I know him from?" So I looked up the movie's IMDb entry, read the cast list, and went "Holy crap, it's 'Leonard!'"...haha

4. Shinkicker profile image90
    Shinkickerposted 3 years ago

Great movie, wish I had a copy of it this Xmas. I didn't recognise those young future stars.

Randy Quaid stole the movie but then he usually does.

5. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 17 months ago

I thought I would throw in another movie that has some current big name actors in it. The movie is called "Red Hot American Summer."

It's not a good movie, but, it's about this campground, and it has actors it it that I could not believe.
    Paul Rudd, Bradley cooper, christopher meloni, and David hyde pierce.

It also had a few girls from saturday night live. Molly shannon, and a couple others that I can't think of off hand. It's interesting to see these big actors being totally stupid.

working