jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you guys think about the T.V show Ghost Hunters?

1. AshleyNikole profile image65
    AshleyNikoleposted 9 years ago

What do you guys think about the T.V show Ghost Hunters?

2. LowellWriter profile image78
    LowellWriterposted 9 years ago

Ghost Hunters is a Sci-Fi channel reality television series that debuted in 2004. It features Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, two men from Rhode Island who are plumbers by day and paranormal investigators by night. With the group they’ve founded... read more

3. stendek profile image54
    stendekposted 8 years ago

Poses as reality television. Not impressed at all. Do not buy into it even though I am a life-long truth seeker. Sort of like cotton candy for adults. Sweet brief taste but no real substance. Peace.

4. jobister profile image59
    jobisterposted 8 years ago

I am not impressed. They seem to be faking majority of their episodes if not all. It would be one thing if they actually resolved something they just find "ghosts" in dark areas and spooky places, how convenient.

5. NateSean profile image72
    NateSeanposted 8 years ago

I believe TAPS is the standard by which other paranormal groups are judged.

They don't assume every single bump is a spirit and they've set the record straight on rain drops and dust bunnies (orbs).

I think alot of people view the success of Ghost Hunters and find that it is an anathema to paranormal investigation. And I agree, when you're on a long running series anything you present as evidence is going to be suspect.

But what I don't get is how people who have never been on a paranormal investigation can say that this show is faked. Are the basing it solely on the fact that they don't believe it? Or do they have some other scientifically sound explanation?

I think in the end that jealousy is a huge factor. I'm sure there are lots of plummers out there who would love to be on their own show but they just never got the contract.

working