jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Moving on in years. What things do you recommend a person in their 30s should do

1. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 9 years ago

Moving on in years. What things do you recommend a person in their 30s should do before they hit 40?

Anything fascinating?
    E.g Swimming with Dolphins?
    Visiting a particular place?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 9 years ago

Start working on realizing how young 40 really is.

3. shirleybill profile image56
    shirleybillposted 9 years ago

Prepare for your future by investing in a savings account or a high yield savings account. After a few years of saving, even a modest amount, can really make the difference in later years.
    Start now, by taking vitamins, you will be happy at the results, and will miss out on a lot of the illnesses that non vitamin takers are subject to. I suggest vitamin c, vitamin d, and vitamin d. Those are the main ones that prevent a lot of illnesses, and help to strengthen the body's immune system. My doctor recommends those three also.  A multi-vitamin helps, but is not quite the same.
    If you have kids, start a small savings account for them also.

4. Connie Smith profile image85
    Connie Smithposted 9 years ago

As the old saying goes, "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Obviously, then, in order to live a rich life in your forties and beyond, the number one key is to take your good health seriously. Which one... read more

5. jennifer maurer profile image77
    jennifer maurerposted 9 years ago

First of all, realize that 40 is the new 30. Then, plan a trip for yourself alone, to anywhere you want to go...I reccommend Paris, or a trip down Highway 1 through Big Sur in California. Spend the time rediscovering what you love to do the most, then figure out a way to start doing it. Find your passion now and the rest will take care of itself...health, money, happiness,etc..You are entering the most exciting and fulfilling chapter of your life. Grab hold of it with gusto!
    All the best to you.

working