jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the Paparazzi should get permission before turning on their cameras

1. Itswritten profile image42
    Itswrittenposted 8 years ago

Do you think the Paparazzi should get permission before turning on their cameras to film a person ?

2. THE LIP profile image60
    THE LIPposted 8 years ago

If that law was passed then believe me most of them wud turn into beggars or seeing their hooligan ways of working they wud transform into hoodlums pawning their cameras for guns n knives and start looting people in dark alleys insted of shooting celebs on the sly.
    Actually if publishers stopped buying pics without the artistes/celebs consent letter the paparazzi menance wud subside but then who wud buy such magazines..Thus the buck has to stop somewhere for the menance to subside.

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Yes.  But it will never happen because there is such a market for those pics in the checkout counter tabloids by all the twenty-something bimbos.

That problem could be easily solved if there was no penalty for the celebrity trashing the camera and stomping the photographer.

Hooray for Mike Tyson for decking that euro-trash scum at LAX.  Unfortunately, because of the pussification of this country, he will likely be convicted of battery and/or have to pay a big civil settlement.  And regardless, the lawyers will make out.

I would love to be on his jury, and hang the jury -- not guilty!

4. palmergalkat profile image55
    palmergalkatposted 8 years ago

If I were famous I'd know what to expect and paparazzi would be counted as expected.

It seems to me that if the famous are friendly or on good terms with the paparazzi they generally don't get hounded.  But if you are gun shy or do something really notoriously bad, they hound you like a dog.

Best example of this is of course the case of Princess Diana and the paprazzi's chase of her the night she died in that tunnel in France.  If they hadn't been there that night would she have died in that accident?  Probably not even though the driver was intoxicated at the time of the accident, but surely he wouldn't have been driving so fast as he did to evade the paparazzi that "chased" them into the tunnel.   

Getting permission would be nice, but...if you're famous expect the paparazzi to be keeping a watch on you at all times.