jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What's your favorite genre of music?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 8 years ago

What's your favorite genre of music?

2. jxnjerry profile image55
    jxnjerryposted 8 years ago

My favorite music to play and listen to is jazz.  I've done a lot of R&B music, Bobby Womack, Staple Singers, Wilson Pickett, etc. pop music, i.e. Paul Simon, Rod Stewart, Bob Seger, etc. in my career as a recording engineer, and the last 20 years or so I did over a hundred black gospel albums, i.e. the Mississippi Mass Choir, the Jackson Southernaires, Dorothy Norwood, James Moore, Florida Mass Choir, and on and on. Actually you can Google 'Jerry Masters Engineer' and click on Discograpy and see just a few (293) albums I've worked on over the years. But still, my favorite is jazz as far as playing and listening, and I also play in the worship band at my church, so needless to say, it's pretty much contemporary Christian.

1. darvinbunder profile image60
      darvinbunderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

you should give Josh Garrels a listen.
      He is offering his whole entire new album for free on joshgarrels.com
      He does a lot of acoustic stuff but his music is rich and full of different instruments from Ukeleles, guitar, piano, strings, and more

3. RevLady profile image60
    RevLadyposted 8 years ago

Actually, I cannot really settle on one favorite genre of music, so I must say my top four (in no specific order) are, traditional gospel, Negro Spirituals, most forms of Jamaican reggae and classicals.

1. darvinbunder profile image60
      darvinbunderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

ever try GOSPEL REGGAE

There is a whole genre out there you may be missing.
      GospelReggae.com
      They have some really talented artists

4. marcus1305 profile image53
    marcus1305posted 7 years ago

well i like rock mostly linkin park, mettalica, guns and roses, and led zepplin.

working