jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Quick question... When you watch horror movies, how far is too far?

1. bonnebartron profile image77
    bonnebartronposted 7 years ago

Quick question... When you watch horror movies, how far is too far?

Is it religious? Blood? What is it that makes a movie "un-watch-able?"

2. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I personally do not watch horror movies ... I simply cannot find anything "good" in them. A buddy made me watch the first Saw movie and it was the last time I try watching a senseless, useless horror movie. Such movies do nothing for me personally: they are so fake and detached from any "form" of reality that I have to "pass" on them.

3. warrioRR profile image60
    warrioRRposted 7 years ago

Any Type of Horror Films goes.
    I watched them when I alone because this is the time you enjoys most of it

4. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I love horror movies, as long as they aren't just excuses for the director and F/X people to practice grossing me out.

I don't mind appropriate violence, as long as the violence isn't the point.

Give me witches, vampires, ghouls, monsters of all varieties, and I'm okay. However, I don't enjoy horror films with serial killers. That's too real. Horror requires a healthy dose of unreality for me to enjoy it.

Enjoy? Yes, I enjoy being scared, as long as I know deep down  that what frightens me on screen doesn't exist in real life.

5. the pink umbrella profile image80
    the pink umbrellaposted 7 years ago

Take, the hills have eyes...I dont like rape scenes. Not at all. I end up looking away, fast forwarding and it generally puts me in an upset mood. If there is a movie where there is a rape scene, i think twice before watching it, and i usually will pick something else.

6. stazstaz profile image60
    stazstazposted 7 years ago

I don't generally watch horror movies, but when I do, I generally stay away from excessive torture scenes. I don't mind the chases and the monsters and stuff popping out, but I don't like the stuff that seems like it might be real. And sick twisted torture falls in there for me

7. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

I dont like horrors that have rape scenes, or freaky demon children.

working