jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think is Johnny Depp's weirdest role to date?

1. hutchy-rants profile image57
    hutchy-rantsposted 7 years ago

What do you think is Johnny Depp's weirdest role to date?

I first saw Mr Depp in Sleepy Hollow and I was wondering why he always plays weird characters. Do you think he has carved out a niche for himself or is he just 'stereotyped'?

2. Lora Palmer profile image59
    Lora Palmerposted 7 years ago

I'm thinking he's carved out a niche for hiimself by choosing intriguing and very offbeat characters.  It'd be hard to name the weirdest one of them because each of them is so weird in his own unique way.

3. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

They're all weird.  I think you should ask which is the least weird.  The least weird was his role in Chocolat.

4. hutchy-rants profile image57
    hutchy-rantsposted 7 years ago

Johnny Depp in Platoon was his least weird role I think.

5. bjspivey-rivers profile image73
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

Edward Scissorhands.  That was the weirdest to me.  I think taking these roles stretches him as an actor and sets him apart from all the pretty boys.  Anybody can just stand around looking cute.  But to play these offbeat and really different characters, you have to act.

6. profile image0
    alorelleposted 7 years ago

I've never really thought about it. He is such a versatile actor. I would have to say his portrayal of Willie Wonka was very weird, especially appearing shortly after Pirates of the Caribbean. The two characters were so different from one another, and Johnny Depp's version of our favorite candy maker was surprisingly different than the classic Gene Wilder version we are all used to.

I also found his role as Ed Wood as very weird, especially the part where he insisted on cross dressing in his wife's clothes.

7. surf traveler profile image82
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

I love how he picks these roles that are so out there. Edward Scissorhands was the weirdest role I've seen him play.

8. profile image48
    I. N. Sarmaposted 6 years ago

As Edward Scissorhands. That movie is unforgettable

working