2012 are you scared?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

2012 are you scared?

Have you seen the film "2012"?  Some people say it's no big deal, and others say we better live our lives now while we're still here. What do you think about this?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 13 years ago

It's possible that something big does happen. For example, many scientists predict the solar storm peaking in 2012 could wipe out our power-grid for years. That would certainly change things.

Am I scared? No. Am I preparing for the worst? Yes.

3. profile image0
    ieifoodposted 13 years ago

Actually, anything could happen any day, as statistically everything that has an unknown outcome always has a 50% chance of happening.

Why would you be scared of the worst? Be scared of the best wink

4. profile image50
    Garrett4Christposted 13 years ago

Nope because its not gonna happen. Jesus Christ said, no one, not even Himself or all of the angels in Heaven, knows when He will return. And the world will not end by "Evolution" but by Jesus Christ. He WILL return!...later he will make it new again. Heaven on earth!

5. Pollyannalana profile image60
    Pollyannalanaposted 13 years ago

I think we have had warning before that were fruitless but I am ready and have no fear, there will be nothing to fear if you are saved by the blood of Jesus. As in the days of Lot and Noah, God will not send wrath on His own, we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye as the dead raise from their graves that are Christian and all go up together to meet Christ in the air when He blows His trumpet and calls us. The Bible says I believe no one will know the hour or the day, I don't know about the year.

6. mandyf profile image60
    mandyfposted 13 years ago

I am not scared if I lived basing everything on what would happen tomorrow I would not live a very happy life. Having MS I have learned to enjoy my days as they come. To enjoy what I have today and be thankful for what that day brought me

7. Pitviper_actual profile image60
    Pitviper_actualposted 13 years ago

2012 is nothing more than the Mayan calender ending and restarting. Our calendar ends on December 31 and restarts on January 1st. No out of the ordinary occurrences. Sun spots and solar flares happen all most everyday. 2012 will just be another day. What scares people is the Earth crossing the path of the galactic equator and it is suppose to cause the planets to become out of phase and ripped from their orbits.  Since this only happens every 30,000 or so and it just recently happen about 10,000 years ago, I think we are safe. In all actuality the earth and other planetary bodies both move around on their axis and up and down through an imaginary line. But the planets do not stray from their orbits. If you could see the planets from the sun you would see it. Here on earth you will never notice it. The Mayans knew this. They developed a calender that related this fact. So live your life and forget about all of the doomsday nonsense.

8. krishubpages123 profile image35
    krishubpages123posted 13 years ago

I do not think some thing is going to happen in 2 more years that is in 2012, some tsunami like thing might happen from space, but otherwise we all are ok, may some part of earth will get affect and otherwise we will all be cool and ready to receive the 2012.

9. freetowrite profile image68
    freetowriteposted 13 years ago

pitviper explained it well, many also believe 2012 marks a new beginning, a good thing. maybe the economy will turn around and hubs will start making tons of cash!

10. Creativologist profile image60
    Creativologistposted 13 years ago

Not scared at all.  As far as I'm concerned, it's just fiction.

However, I heard that the sun only has about a billion years left before it dies out and that will be the end of civilization.  So I am very concerned about that, but I'm not sure if I'll be around at the time.

11. profile image0
    TilenHrovaticposted 13 years ago

No. Not a bit. It will be just another day. I hope it will be sunny smile

12. Andy Webb profile image66
    Andy Webbposted 13 years ago

Que Sera Sera – if on the off chance something did happen there is nothing which we can do to prevent it. So as such there is no point in worrying over something we cannot alter.

13. profile image0
    Holly Mathesonposted 13 years ago

Actually, contrary to the belief that planets will become out of line and thrown into mass chaos, this actually has nothing at all to do with what has actually been predicted for 2012 and why. Although there is no definite proof as to WHAT will happen on that day, there is a very significant clue in the night sky that has everything to do with why 2012 has been so controversial and it all has to do with a very rare alignment that has not occurred in 26,000 years. It is because of this alignment that Nostradamus and the Mayans were desperately trying to convey a message to us. It's difficult NOT to believe that something will happen when you take a very close look at the facts. All the media seems to tell us is that 2012 will be a disaster, yet rarely do you hear reasons as to why this is expected to happen.

The Truth About 2012: Will the World Really End?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-About … Really-End

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)