jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has the world gone reality tv crazy???

1. vicki simms profile image76
    vicki simmsposted 7 years ago

Has the world gone reality tv crazy???

Do you think there is too much reality tv on now, you can't seem to change the channel without seeing some kind of reality show whether singing, dancing, in the jungle or even wife swapping. what do you think? what is your take on reality tv?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

The fools who spend so much time watching television, and thinking that the absolute crap presented on it represents reality in any way have most certainly gone crazy.  Turn off your television, and embrace the real world.

3. amsmoving profile image58
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

I would say that Wesman Todd Shaw is definitely shedding some light on a very crazy paradox that is apparent when someone says they enjoy watching reality television, this paradox can be explained by stating this fact that most people like reality television because they like real life drama, real life pitfalls and uprisings but where the paradox comes in is the fact that most of the reality television shows are staged, directed, and well edited for pure entertainment. The drama that you see on television is fake and most of the time directors and camera crew members are told to shoot only particular things in a subjects life on a reality tv show and not the subjects whole life and with great editing you can make it look like anything you want. And the real funny thing is if you enjoy real life experiences all you have to do is live life

4. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I think reality television is/was a cost-cutting measure on behalf of the network stations. Imagine the savings when instead of having to hire writers, producers, directors, camera and other technical people, not to mention actors. A lot of trouble and work goes into actually writing fiction, whether it be in book form, film, or televsion; its a lot of bother writing scripts and good stories and dialogue and such.

I think this profusion of "reality" television is indicative of the fact that some genius network executives took the saying "Truth is stranger than fiction" far too literally and to too great an extent.

Reality television is the template now. So certainly the networks are going to try everything to "improve" it every now and again; and so its going to get crazier in order to try to sustain and increase ratings for the network.

That's why I barely watch television anymore. My shows are: Without A Trace, Criminal Minds, Charlie Rose, The SImpsons, American Dad, Seinfeld, King of the Hill and so forth. Not one of them, I am proud to say, are "reality" television shows!

Take care.

5. NoMercyNY profile image56
    NoMercyNYposted 7 years ago

I Hate reality television. check out my hub. glad i'm not going insane. thank you.