jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you feel like there is more reality in a sitcom than in reality television?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Do you feel like there is more reality in a sitcom than in reality television?

I feel like the people are acting on reality shows to create more drama for increased viewer ratings.

2. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Great observational question. I think there is indeed more reality in sitcoms than reality TV. The truth is, producers want drama--and stage it--for ratings. Sitcoms are more reflections of what most of us experience regularly, often with a comic spin.

3. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Our society is always reflected in our art.  The writing of sitcoms are a channel to the mirror of ourselves.  Reality shows are a bit pomped up because they all know the cameras are rolling and millions are watching.  I am sure that effects what is really said and done and this medium is not art and lacking in creativity.

4. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Totally think your right. You should see some of the shows on over here. I cannot stand reality shows anymore. They majority of people on them or a bunch of moaners and the ones who have talent, end up getting ignored.

The more drama they create the more popular they are, even if they are don't have any talent.  Plus it's cheaper to make a reality show than a proper tv show, so that's probably why there doing more and more of them.