jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best television theme song in your opinion? It used to be that televi

1. Ravaged Nation profile image60
    Ravaged Nationposted 7 years ago

What's the best television theme song in your opinion? It used to be that television theme songs...

would be the signature of the show. The Odd Couple theme comes to mind. No theme songs for television shows anymore. Now it's a 10 second blip and right to the show. I guess the shorter theme songs are so the tv networks can max out the advertisement time.

2. Dewey Cheatem profile image73
    Dewey Cheatemposted 7 years ago

In my humble opion the best tv theme song would have to be the theme from Hawaii 5-0. RIP Danno.

3. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

6 shows come to mind.

3's Company
    Happy Days
    Love Boat
    Lavern And Shirley
    All in the family
    Golden Girls

I would also have to add the theme to Gilligan's Island. I think anyone who has watched the show can also sing the song.

Your point about the music on the new shows could also be because they don't want to pay people to sing theme songs anymore. The only new show I can think of that involves people singing it's theme is 2 and a half men.

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 7 years ago

In my opinion, the theme to the show "Brooklyn Bridge" from the VERY early 90's is the absolute best - was a song by Art Garfunkel called "Just Over the Brooklyn Bridge".

A close second for me is the theme from "The Greatest American Hero".

5. Tim Quam profile image59
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I think The Odd Couple is a great one.  I also like Cheers, Mary Tyler Moore, and My Three Sons.  I believe that long theme songs are annoying to the DVD-watching public who are apt to watch half a season in one weekend and would prefer to get right to the show rather than listen to the same theme song over and over.  Frasier, which predated the popularity of DVDs by a few years seem to be one of the forerunners of brief theme music.