jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are phonograph records making a come back ?

1. possum lover profile image57
    possum loverposted 7 years ago

Are phonograph records making a come back ?

2. rickzimmerman profile image79
    rickzimmermanposted 7 years ago

Yes, they definitely are. With the recent remastering and re-release of such classics as the Beatles early monaural vinyls, Jimi Hendrix material, Dylan bootlegs, etc., some great music is now available. Also, audiophiles often feel vinyl offers a warmth and richness of sound not available in CDs. Neil Young has even created his own studio specializing in solely analog (vs. digital) production onto vinyl.

3. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

I sure hope so, I can sell the 2000 + I still have collecting dust on the shelves.

4. xxojokermanoxx profile image63
    xxojokermanoxxposted 7 years ago

I will say yes, but only in a novelty way, as we and technology move forward some are only used as a memory. Are cassettes gonna some back, no. Mini Discs, probably not, as a matter of fact same with cd's one day, because anything tangible can and will be damaged. So maybe in a nostalgic way, but not for good

5. profile image61
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Only as collectibles or used as frisbees.

6. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Maybe as a novelty item . For them to make a real comeback, they would have to be the best way of listening to music. With today's technology that is not the case. In fact it does not even come close on the best of systems.  I think there will always be an infatuation with vinyl recordings but I don't see them being anything but a novelty collectors item henceforth. WB

7. vinylvenue profile image55
    vinylvenueposted 7 years ago

Yep there are!

Bit of evidence..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie … -22320740/

And people are starting Vinyl Record Clubs