jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Song remakes.... Which ones do you think are better than the original?

1. roryeugenemadsen profile image55
    roryeugenemadsenposted 7 years ago

Song remakes.... Which ones do you think are better than the original?

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

I dont like remakes.
    To me originals always sounded better. smile

3. Wayne Orvisburg profile image72
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

Unle Kracker - Drift Away

Aaron Lewis - Black

4. kozmicbluej profile image60
    kozmicbluejposted 7 years ago

I think Bob Dylan actually said that he preferred Jimi Hendrix's version of All Along The Watchtower, so can't really be wrong about his own song!

5. DarkSinistar profile image84
    DarkSinistarposted 7 years ago

As much as I love Badfinger I have to admit Harry Nilsson's version of "Without You" is the best and none of the dozens of versions since have even come close.

6. Iontach profile image84
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Maroon 5 singing Taylor Swift's song 'Mine' at the CMT Artists of the Year event

7. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

Your Mama Don't Dance by Poison. It kicks ass! It is even better when you see them do it Live.

The Kenny Loggins version is good, but, it's tame compared to the Poison version. Although I think Poison's version of I Rock and Roll by Kiss, is nowhere near as good as Kiss, The radio version of Poison's Rock-n-roll is kind of corny.

But, Poison is better as a live act. Like Kiss, they give their audience their money's worth when they perform.

Poison also has an awesome version of Cover of the Rolling Stone on their crack a smile album. Some of their other good remakes are squeezebox and What I like about you on their Poisoned album which is almost all remakes.

8. fayehelen profile image52
    fayehelenposted 7 years ago

Love Ellie Gouldings version of Your Song smile
    All Time Low's version of Umbrella
    and The Maine's version of Akon's I wanna love you - sosososo(!) much better than the original.