jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should this be American Idol's last season?

1. kmcmichael profile image67
    kmcmichaelposted 7 years ago

Should this be American Idol's last season?

2. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

I don't know, to be honest.  I struggle with this question, because while I understand the show will be so different now without Paula AND Simon, perhaps new judges will bring something NEW to talk about...

Also, some people will criticize the talent isn't the "same," yet I for one was a fan of Crystal Bowersox and from the previous season, winner Kris Allen.

3. Knowledge>Power profile image79
    Knowledge>Powerposted 7 years ago

it already is, when simon left it was the nail in the coffin...millions of people tune in at the season kick off to watch simon berate idiot's who think they can sing...now they want us to watch people encourage average karaoke bar contestants? nah

4. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

The first season should have been the last season, that show is terrible.

5. SnowRose profile image60
    SnowRoseposted 7 years ago

I watch the show now b/c lopez and tyler are the judges. They are respectful and polite. Tyler very rarely tells a contestant that they're aweful and when he does it is much needed to do so. Most of the time Tyler will say "great stuff, just maybe not for American Idol." I appreciate the change b/c why does everyone have to be so negative towards one another. Yes, there are contestants that try-out that really don't belong, but at least they have the courage to go out and try.

6. JocysMom profile image56
    JocysMomposted 7 years ago

American Idol isn't for everyone, but, as I said in my blog, it has given me the opportunity to find new talent that I never could have known their music without American Idol.  I was not excited about JLo, but she has surprised me, and I have had a crush on Steven Tyler for years!  LOL