As a young girl in the early 70's, I watched a scary movie several times that I

1. profile image47
    Reliseposted 7 years ago

As a young girl in the early 70's, I watched a scary movie several times that I would love to...

find again.  The main character was a petite blond who went back to her ancestral home.  As it ends up, her crazy sister lives in the attic.  At the end of the movie, there is a fire that kills the crazy sister.  Does anyone know what movie this was?  Thanks.

2. MystMoonstruck profile image80
    MystMoonstruckposted 7 years ago

The Shuttered Room (1967) starring Carol Lynley, Oliver Reed, Gig Young, Flora Robson / Synopsis: Another semi-successful attempt to adapt the works of H.P. Lovecraft to the screen, this is loosely based on the short story "The Shuttered Room". A newly married woman, accompanied by her husband, returns to her creepy old ancestral home located on an island in New England. They discover the dark secret hidden behind a heavily locked door in the attic~a door the fearful townsfolk declare "must never be opened". NOTE: Yes, it's her very mentally unbalanced sister.

3. profile image47
    Reliseposted 7 years ago

Thank you!  I can't wait to watch it again to see if it is still as scary from an "adult" perspective!

working