jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you explain the impact of "The Beatles" in the 60's and whether that influen

1. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Can you explain the impact of "The Beatles" in the 60's and whether that influence exists today?

2. shimla profile image90
    shimlaposted 7 years ago

The Beatles were masters of composition with three incredible song writers and vocalists that struck a chord in virtually everyone then and now - I honestly can't think of another band that has had such a wide reaching influence. i was just playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps by George and then Norweigian Wood by John and the melodies and honesty behind them is just beautiful...

3. angie ashbourne profile image59
    angie ashbourneposted 6 years ago

Beatles in the 1960's.........Liver pool England...Canven Club: Paul McCatney, John Lennon. George Harrison and Ringo Starr:     Songs - Back in U.S.S.R; Help!; Let it Be; Blackbird;Octopus's Garden; Penny Lane and so may more.
    In the 1960's, they were on the Ed Sullivan Show...I remember my Dad and I watched the show together.
    You still here their songs on the Radio and Las Vegas has a Beatle show.

4. Lissa2677 profile image51
    Lissa2677posted 6 years ago

The Beatles came along at a time when the world was changing. They made incredible music and continue to play a huge influence on all musicians today. Four men took a chance and changed the face of Rock and Roll forever. Back in the 60's there was so much controversy not like today with artist being able to express themselves. Elvis lead the path but The Beatles finished it and after their breakup their music still remians a constant in many households throughout generations. So to ask if their influence exists today, by all means the answer is yes. And without bands like The Beatles I believe we might not have some of the talent present today!