jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you feel safer answering questions to those whom have a picture of themself?

1. Jangaplanet profile image80
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Do you feel safer answering questions to those whom have a picture of themself?

2. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 7 years ago

I would say so..If you are going to spend the time to ask questions here I would hope you would make the effort to post a photo. As part of the Hubpages community I believe having a picture make one more credible but I suppose maybe some people just dont have personal photos on their computer to upload?

3. irenemaria profile image73
    irenemariaposted 7 years ago

How can I feel safer from a picture? I cannot trust it is YOU on the photo - right?

4. Pagelift profile image61
    Pageliftposted 7 years ago

Not necessarily from a picture of THEMSELF, but I do feel safer answering a question from someone with an avatar rather than no picture at all.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

No, the picture has no affect on me.  It could be anyone, or anything and not necessarily genuine--so I don't pay it any attention.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

not really because who's to say the picture is them. there is one person on here that asks questions, call themselves a guy's name but has a female pic. i am getting to the point where i am starting to check if they have written a hub before i answer their questions.

7. smackins1974 profile image66
    smackins1974posted 7 years ago

I think an avatar or photo on a profile shows some sense of commitment from the person asking the question as they have given thought to choosing a picture to post. However I agree with other posters that photos posted may not be the actual person. That said I read the questions and then decide whether or not to answer the ones that stand out. But when scrolling through questions a nice profile picture can make you stop and pay more attention I suppose.
    Sarah

8. Jarn profile image72
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

I actually feel less safe. A person happy to show their face is too interested in showing themselves to be trustworthy, often meaning they're not.

9. marc22 profile image58
    marc22posted 7 years ago

I don't think it matters if theirs a picture  i think it depends on the question asked ..

10. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I don't actually look at the pictures... I look at the question and see if it is something that I find interesting. I think I already answered 10 or 15 of them tonight!

working