Do you feel safer answering questions to those whom have a picture of themself?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Jangaplanet profile image60
    Jangaplanetposted 13 years ago

Do you feel safer answering questions to those whom have a picture of themself?

2. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 13 years ago

I would say so..If you are going to spend the time to ask questions here I would hope you would make the effort to post a photo. As part of the Hubpages community I believe having a picture make one more credible but I suppose maybe some people just dont have personal photos on their computer to upload?

3. irenemaria profile image59
    irenemariaposted 13 years ago

How can I feel safer from a picture? I cannot trust it is YOU on the photo - right?

4. Pagelift profile image60
    Pageliftposted 13 years ago

Not necessarily from a picture of THEMSELF, but I do feel safer answering a question from someone with an avatar rather than no picture at all.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

No, the picture has no affect on me.  It could be anyone, or anything and not necessarily genuine--so I don't pay it any attention.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

not really because who's to say the picture is them. there is one person on here that asks questions, call themselves a guy's name but has a female pic. i am getting to the point where i am starting to check if they have written a hub before i answer their questions.

7. smackins1974 profile image66
    smackins1974posted 13 years ago

I think an avatar or photo on a profile shows some sense of commitment from the person asking the question as they have given thought to choosing a picture to post. However I agree with other posters that photos posted may not be the actual person. That said I read the questions and then decide whether or not to answer the ones that stand out. But when scrolling through questions a nice profile picture can make you stop and pay more attention I suppose.
    Sarah

8. Jarn profile image60
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

I actually feel less safe. A person happy to show their face is too interested in showing themselves to be trustworthy, often meaning they're not.

9. marc22 profile image60
    marc22posted 13 years ago

I don't think it matters if theirs a picture  i think it depends on the question asked ..

10. barbergirl28 profile image83
    barbergirl28posted 13 years ago

I don't actually look at the pictures... I look at the question and see if it is something that I find interesting. I think I already answered 10 or 15 of them tonight!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)