jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why are celebrities so "Important"?

1. theoctopusjar profile image75
    theoctopusjarposted 6 years ago

Why are celebrities so "Important"?

How do you think it came to be, that the life of a celebrity has become so much more selectively observed, and seemingly important, than the life of the common citizen?

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

bcause many people need them to get away from there own lives. They learn ti live through them and often fantasize about living there lives. sad really!

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

to many they aren't like myself. to others i think they represent a dream that these people know they will never have. i call it being delusional.

4. Genna East profile image91
    Genna Eastposted 6 years ago

I agres with Optimus...sad but true.   Unfortuantely, many people are fascianting by celebrity lives as an "escape" from their own.

5. profile image0
    surlyoldcatposted 6 years ago

It used to be that celebrities were folks you wanted to be like, not necessarily the glamour, but a greatmany of them appeared to have strong moralities and senses of ethics. Of course, we know today all of that was bollocks, but nobody in the general public knew that and things were fine.
    Nowadays, a celebrity can't tie their shoes without some sort of controversy involved, get by on faked/little/no talent, or are celebrated for the most mundane of things. THat's the tip of the iceberg. In 21st century pop culture if it's not about "drama" and rubbish like the Kardashians, or other insanely ugly shows like that, then it's considered crap and left at the wayside. As outlandish as this sounds, try to find any celebrity that is actually doing something worthwhile with their status, and I will find you evidence to the contrary and that it's all for tax write-offs or simply for having a name attached without the discipline or hard work.

6. abrarr profile image60
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

i think because they are celebrities. we all love to think about them and we all follow them copy them

working