jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think vampire films are getting old yet?

1. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

Do you think vampire films are getting old yet?

After seeing some of the movies in the "Twilight" series, I believe that the subject is burned out. any thoughts?

2. sincerely25 profile image60
    sincerely25posted 7 years ago

I don't think vampire films are getting old.

3. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

I am over it! i am over the vampires, the witches, the harry potter bs, all of it! I want more possotive movies. I don't want to watch anymore demon movies! Now the alien movies are comming back too... AHHHH!!!!!

4. justanotherteen profile image60
    justanotherteenposted 7 years ago

It's just a craze but i'm getting pretty annoyed of it, it seems too commercial now and not really about the enjoyment of the poeple watching it hmm

5. ChristopherMorgan profile image58
    ChristopherMorganposted 7 years ago

I think, that people will get sick of them and than in a couple years there will be a new vampire outbreak. Probably a new Twilight or something along those lines.

6. bmday34 profile image58
    bmday34posted 7 years ago

It's true that Vampire films of late have become very commercialized. The Twilight saga is focused towards teenie-boppers and young women. That being said, Twilight still has a couple films left in the series of books, so this Vampire craze won't be over for a couple of years yet. However, the great thing about this Twilight craze is that it provides a market for other Vampire films that may normally be overlooked to be seen as well, because of the pre-awareness that Twilight and shows like True Blood on HBO have created. There have been numerous Vampire films released since the beginning of the Twilight saga, but most are playing directly off of the Twilight success, lacking some originality. What I would like to see is a Vampire film that deals less with the fantastic attributes of the Vampire, and more with the human side of the Vampire. A film that people can really connect to and after watching it say, "Wow, that film really made me think".

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Vampire movies have been around since...well a very long time, think Bela Lugosi.  It is a current phase and will pass, then in a few years will come around again.  I'm not over it yet, I like the different takes on vampires the authors conjure up.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

won't happen. i'm 46 and these kind of movies have been around befor i was even born. vampire stories are like celebrities, they are about fantasy and imagination so they will be here for a long time yet. i'd rather see vampire shows then reality TV any time.