jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do we need music?

1. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

Why do we need music?

2. Cnpeiffer profile image59
    Cnpeifferposted 7 years ago

We need music in out world because it allows humans to express themselves.  There is something about music which is just in the very fiber of our being.  Every culture in the world has some form of music, this alone should be evidence of how music the human spirit craves music.  Think about how flat a day would be without music.  There would be no music in the commercials you watch, no music in the shower, no music on the drive to work, no music while you work, and not to many good ways for people of all generations to sit around and bond like over music.

3. Charlotte B Plum profile image77
    Charlotte B Plumposted 7 years ago

Music is what helps us to get through the day, and it helps us to express the feelings we can't. Sometimes, it has elements of humor that we can't find in other places.

Socially, music helps us to bond, and create feelings of solidarity and trust - which are really important in our society. examples would include singing in a choir, or playing in a band, and even singing a national anthem.

Spiritually, it is a form of worship, and music can also help us to draw nearer to God.

Therapeutically, there is also evidence that music can help us recover faster, and improve our mood (depression).

It's really really powerful! And is sometimes so inherent in all of us. smile

4. Kylo88 profile image57
    Kylo88posted 7 years ago

to live! duah! lol
    i think, without my music keeping me just on this side of sane, i would compleatly lose it, especially since music is like 50% of what i do! i would have killed myself by now had i not had band class to live for. god knows there was nothing else in school for me T_T

5. Dreamer08 profile image71
    Dreamer08posted 7 years ago

We need music to relax, de-stress ourselves and to enjoy life more. Sometimes we use music to express ourselves and our feelings. smile

6. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

It adds light to an otherwise pitch black existence.

Just kidding....maybe. It is agreat for a mood change, a way to pass the time, or even learning something new...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Baroque-Per … -Classical

working