jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some good acoustic guitar songs?

1. Hunbbel Meer profile image86
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

What are some good acoustic guitar songs?

Kindly recommend me some acoustic guitar songs to play. (rhythm guitar playing)

1. Actually I'm in a mood to play some sad songs (lyrics wise) on guitar.

2. Songs like WONDERWALL (Oasis) or YOU & ME (Lifehouse) are most welcome (whether sad or not) these were superb! smile

2. tonymead60 profile image93
    tonymead60posted 6 years ago

if I were a carpenter, the Beatles Norwegian wood, anything by Bob Dylan.

3. bashment girl profile image51
    bashment girlposted 6 years ago

i was just looking at ur pic you are kind of but not really cute not in a bad way

4. flying_fish profile image75
    flying_fishposted 6 years ago

tonymead60 has it right with "Norwegian Wood" - it's so beautiful, maybe a bit tricky to get just right with basic strumming... I like to play finger-style the most, (on an acoustic guitar, that is), so I'd recommend:

The Beatles - Blackbird
    Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (of course!)
    Opeth - Benighted
               - Patterns in the Ivy (Instrumental)
    Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
                      - Hey You
    (of course, anything else by the great Floyd - whether finger-style or not!)
    ...and one of my absolute favourites, Jess Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's moving classic "Hallelujah"

... just to name a few... If you want to get REALLY technical into some amazing acoustic-guitar work, check out what you can find of Antoine Dufour - he uses a lot of really cool tricks, on and off the fret-board, percussive stuff on the body of the guitar, etc... Check him out on YouTube if you haven't already been blown away by his stuff!

5. krockett profile image55
    krockettposted 6 years ago

a certain shade of green - incubus 
    or
    pardon me - incubus

6. Hunbbel Meer profile image86
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

I checked out the 'Norwegian Wood' and I thank you a lot to give me such a wonderful song. It was awesome and quite relaxing to play on the guitar. I really loved it smile

7. Jon Green profile image90
    Jon Greenposted 6 years ago

Good Riddance, Blackbird, Angie, Only Livin' Boy In New York are all songs that work well on acoustic.

8. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image82
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 6 years ago

Nutshell by Alice in Chains, Crowing by Toad the Wet Sprocket

working