jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to avoid watching tv?

1. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 7 years ago

How to avoid watching tv?

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 7 years ago

During grad school I didn't have TV. I couldn't afford cable! That made avoiding countless hours in front of the boob tube easy.

3. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Ask yourself, "Is sitting here watching this helping me achieve any of my goals?"
    Determine what you consider an appropriate amount of time to "invest" (or forfeit) in watching television.  Set boundaries accordingly.
    If you're really having a hard time, disconnect netflix, cable, satellite -- whatever your mode is.
    We went for 12 years without cable or satellite.  We reconnected recently and I am VERY close to disconnecting netflix and cable bc my children act like addicts sometimes.  There are so many other fruitful activities!  I, too, have found myself watching show after show simply bc it felt so "good" to sit doing NOTHING after a day full of "MOMMY

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I try to remind myself to turn it off, instead of endlessly scanning for something to watch.  I do the same thing sitting at the computer...I need to spend more time with the 3 dimensional people!

working